The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Ring and Rope routines (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
jcorb
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of jcorb
I have the Columbini "Ring Around the Rope Too". Great for parlor. Gets great reaction.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Based on these recommendations, I just bought the De Camps Stars of Magic DVD and agree it's a great routine and will learn it. I learned the Aldo Ringing Around Too, but reactions were not so great.Probably my presentation as the instructions leave that up to the performer.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
How does DeCamps routine compare to Dan Garett's?
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I don't know Dan Garrett's, but would be curious to hear from someone who knows both. BTW, I'm not sure how long they've been out on DVD, but the Stars of Magic DVDs are jam-packded and less than 20 bucks each. I got 2 Paul Harris ones and the DeCamps one. Have not made it through everything yet. The PH stuff seems to be all cards so far, but there is A LOT of material.
Stephen Grey
View Profile
New user
Washington DC
25 Posts

Profile of Stephen Grey
I'll add another vote for Eric's. I've been using it for over ten years now.

Cheers,
Pir8
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Eric Decamps,and Phil Warmouths Ring and String book is a good reference if you can find it.R3 is not bad either.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
DaiBato:

The the best ring and rope routines that I've seen in print are the simple ring and rope routine in The Magic Book by Harry Lorayne and the inexpensive ring and rope routines that Aldo Colombini sells at: http://www.mammamiamagic.com
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Mark Leveridge's 'Ring & String' routine is also worth a look. It's in his book or available from his website as a manuscript. (It may also be on his new L&L DVDs)

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I am renewing this thread because it seems like it got off course. it is supposed to be about the BEST ring and rope. some of these mentioned seem like things some people stumbled onto. But I guess I understand you can't buy 100 ring and rope dvds and choose the best, right? but some of these must certainly be solid. any latest recommendations?
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I like Alien Ring myself
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I've gotten so much mileage out of Fantasma Magics Ring Escape. It gets overlooked for some reason, but I will tell you, it gets some great reactions. The best part is that it is simple to do.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
I second the Alien Ring recommendation. Glenn Morphew’s routine flows nicely and his patter is fun as well. Add to all of this that the routine is fun to do and gets great reactions and you know what a winner it is. Finally, the DVD is very well done and Glenn teaches every nuance. He will happily answer any questions you may have and is very quick to respond to emails.

So glad I bought and perform this routine.

Best,

Doug
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I performed alien ring again tonight. I did it for a young man and his family. The young man was a YouTube watcher and described my first trick exactly so I pulled out the rind and rope and blew his mind. I don't use his patter but instead just say I'm gonna put a ring on a rope. It goes over amazingly
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks to all for their suggestions. Yes, Eric's is a great routine. It does really look magical.
Also, don't forget Al Schneider's on WGM Finger Ring Magic. It just looks absolutely impossible. If you really played this up, it is a miracle.
This got me thinking. Why not do a routine with a rope or shoestring where a loop is tied and looked at by the spectator. Then you put the ring on and off it very visually. I am thinking of only one ring, could be borrowed. If too many moves are made,in ring and rope routines, with lots of rope pulling, you can fool the specs, but perhaps it is not a miracle in their minds. I try to go for miracle material. I appreciate the benefits of seeing several ring and rope routines. We would all like to see the gold standard and do it, but sometimes seeing many peoples creations helps us to create some true magic for the spec's. Thanks again.
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
Ringleader is the routine that got me started.

I really like some of Mark Leveridge's moves

Also, Bob Miller's The relentless ring and string has some great moves as well
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
For a finger ring and string I do Nicholas Einhorn's routine with the Nest of Wallets finish all the time. I don't actually perform ring and rope with a larger ring but I really like John Guastaferro's Full Circle and David Williamson's routine. I just haven't put in the work on them.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
May want to check out my “Ninja+ Sessions” video. I teach a fun 2 ring and rope routine there. Smile
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1405 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Ring on Rope (World's Greatest Magic) - DVD

Daryl's Expert Rope Magic 3-DVD Set.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Ring Leader- Gregory Wilson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best Ring and Rope routines (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL