The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magic Switchboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Thanks Scott
"Martin's Miracles", Smile I'll look into that too.
Thanks again.
God Bless,
Steve
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Truthteller
"Bob Neale's Tricks of the Imagination" is another good lead to follow, and I really like the "very deceptive and easy-to-make version" part, a lot.

Even if it's not the same trick, I am always looking for new stuff.
Thanks again.
God Bless,
Steve
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Wow Nowlin
You are a wealth of knowledge, thanks for clearing that up.
I will definitely look for "Martin's Lie Detector" also. Anything to do with a lie detector type device sounds great. I bet you could you could tell people that if you lie it shocks, and get a great response Smile Smile Smile .

Thanks again for your help.
God Bless
Steve
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Whoa Nelly, Dave,
This is an excellent site. I spent about 10 minutes there drooling over the stuff. I haven't come across the circuit I am looking for yet, but I have enjoyed looking at all the stuff so much, I don't even care Smile . I will, however, go back and look again as soon as I am finished with this post, and look some more.
Thanks again.
God Bless,
Steve

PS Rev. Thomas Scarborough was a very creative guy. A big thanks to him also.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
I can attest to Dave Fiscus' construction abilities and technical knowledge. And, Dave, that is a wonderful resource you just got off of. This is what I've been looking for for some time. Now all I need is someone to interpret the electronic symbols.
Steve,the switchboard diagram on that site looks like what you've asked for. I will still be looking for the video I have.

Dr. Solar
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Quote:
On 2006-02-09 11:24, sdgiu wrote:
Hey Chief(Doug),
Thanks much, I am at the library now, and will do an interlibrary loan if they don't have a copy. If it's the one, Amazon here I come.
I really appreciate the assist.

What was your field in the service? I never had an honest job, I was MI and Spec ops, kind of back and forth.

Thank you for your help, and especially for your service to our country.
God Bless you
Steve

Steve;
Out of curiosity I ordered the Gardner book from Amazon. If it has anything about the Switchboard effect I will send it to you.

It's been over 10 years since I was called "Chief" (I flew helicopters from '68-'81, then F/W until '94 when I retired. Last 12 years was IMINT/SIGINT/COMINT with MI (INSCOM). Are you an old ASA guy?)

Best wishes,
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Hey Chief
When I originally enlisted, it was to be a Flight Warrant. Passed all the tests, then they found out I didn't have 20/20 and they nixed that. I went to HUMINT, got a hop to Phoenix on a Huey when I left Ft Huachuca at the end of AIT, and when the Pilot (a Flight Warrant) got in, the First thing he did was pull out a pair of glasses. We talked, and I found out lots of guys with less than 20/20 memorize the eye charts and pass Flight Warrant School with no problems Smile. The Things we learn too late Smile Smile Smile .

I went HUMINT and ended up in SPECOPs (cross trained as a medic) worked in SERE and the TLIC program (I was a Terrorist Smile) on Bragg, then ELINT.
Although I am an old crow, I was after the ASA. While in ROK, I did live in (what they still called) the ASA compound. (Camp Humphreys, An Jun-ri) Ever fly any Guardrail, or Quicklook birds? Toward the end of my stay I fixed them.
Gotta go, small emergency.
Steve Smile
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Steve;
The "White House" at Camp Humphries brings back quite a few memories, of course I never ventured into the 'vill Smile Flew Guardrail for many years in many places, but stayed away from Mohawks. They frequently changed the 20/20 eyesight requirement for flight school from uncorrected to corrected and back and forth.

Was in the 224th MI BN in Savannah (81-86) when the unit won the "Old Crow" award.

Getting off-topic here, so I will let you know when the Gardner book comes in if it has what you are looking for.

Regards......Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
There was an article in Linking Ring maybe 4-5 years ago that had the making for this. For a few bucks and a few minutes at Radio Shack, it looked pretty easy. Someone in our ring had made it. I'll see if I can find the article or I believe that they have a searchable index.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Hey Doug
I'm a happily married guy so I didn't frequent the ville either. Had some zoomie friends in Osan, and spent a lot of time up there. They had a nice video rental place, gym, dining facility, and a great woodworking shop.
I guess we are a bit off subject Smile oh well memory lane...
Thanks Doug, I guess we can talk in the PM section. I can't wait to hear about the Gardiner Book.

God Bless
Steve
P.S. Ever hit Soto Cano? Smile
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
Meyegr
Thanks for the tip, can't wait to see what you turn up.
Thanks again
Steve
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Steve;
The Gardner book arrived, but it doesn't have anythng about the switchboard in it. The "Efficient Electrician" is in the book, but it a logic puzzle about an electrician who has to trace 11 identical wires running from the first to the third floor of a house.

PS. Yes I flew Guardrail out of Soto Cano starting in '81. It was called Palmerola AB then. We often had to go-around on landing because the horses and/or donkeys would wander onto the runway. It tightened up years later, but still not my favorite place - big mountains, bad weather and "other" bad things.

God Bless you and Yours,
Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Magic Switchboard (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL