The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Sub Trunk Curtain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Greetings,

I got a Sub Trunk, with a back gimmick. It came with some heavy velvet curtains with a PVC frame that I have to connect with screws and it taked forever.

I want to switch to a lighter material and better frame any ideas such as self lokcing or some space age material or frame.

Any suggestions?

G0THIKE
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
If you go to a chain link fence company, or other pipe supplier, they can supply pipe that is slightly smaller in diameter at the ends to fit into each other so you would only have to slide the peices together.

If you would like more detail. Please PM me.

Hope this helps.

Matt
MAGICofSeth
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of MAGICofSeth
My sub trunk curtain is made out of two pieces of PVC pipe about four feet long and some lightweight fabric. The PVC is at each end of the top of curtain with NO support in the center of the curtain. To hold up the curtain, simply hold on to the end pieces near the back, and pull them apart to make the center of the curtain stand up. Using this method has worked well for me. To put the curtain away we simply fold it in half, then fold it over the two pipes, and then roll it into a small roll around the pipes. The exchange looks clean too because there is lots of pipe to grab on to. Just remember you have to keep tension on the center of the curtain or it will droop down and possibly reveal something unfortunate.

Good Luck!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
My sub trunk curtain is made of k3/4 inch PVC.. I cut the curtain in half along the front and back.. added two end to end connectors.. and then threaded a long piece of bungee on the inside.

my curtain is double weight polyester (it NEVER wrinkles) and lifts off the floor during the exchange to reveal the trunk.. it's subtle but I find it makes a huge difference.. with the back T*** it woudlnt' be a good idea..

When the show is over.. my assistant and I each give a gentle tug on one side of the curtain, the end to end connectors separate.. and our curtain fits in the box.

When we unpack.. we just allow the frame to unfold.. and the bungee cord inside the PVC snaps the end to end connectors into place.. the whole setup takes moments at best..
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
Folks,

I am trying to build a box curtain to do a surroundable sub trunk. I currently use PVC and I like the bonjee cord idea.

Anyone else use some special telescoping tubing with connectors?

G0THIKE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Sub Trunk Curtain (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL