The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Best Floating Ball Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Great Dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of The Great Dee
I want to know what is the best floating ball effect that you can start out clean and end up clean.the basic floating ball or ball floaying out of clear box
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Are you including the Zombie, which I think may be the best.
The Great Dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of The Great Dee
I tried the zombie but I didn't like it
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
"Best" is relative to how well something is performed. Your audience will be the judge of that.
Ending "clean" in magic is relative to how well something is performed, as well. Unless you posess real magical powers, you will need to ditch, hide and cover your tracks as well as you have performed the effect.
Floating balls or anything floating for that matter, is accomplished through many methods. Since you didn't like zombie, look into IT. Check out Losanders stuff. He has some ideas for you.
Here is another idea for you.
toolman22
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of toolman22
Blindbo great Gimmick, does it produce a nice effect?
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Lite flight is pretty good. The only thing about it is that it is risky to do with a normal gimmick. It is a little on the heavy side. But it is very amazing and pretty. I was going to do that in a restuarunt enviroment, but people around here seem to know how it's done.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Quote:
On 2006-01-14 13:10, toolman22 wrote:
Blindbo great Gimmick, does it produce a nice effect?

I have an 'old style' gimmick where the workings are on the very tip. Probably have had it for 20 years. Every now and then, I use it to levitate a small glass bottle that I first take a sip from, then do a quick cat and mouse type routine. Yes, it is a very nice effect and combined with the appropriate ditching, no one is ever the wiser and they're so much entertained.
alson
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of alson
I have the Gimmack and I think it work well, but I do work it with with in a routine with other items of magic. I like the effect .
alson
The Great Dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of The Great Dee
That sound great
The Great Dee
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of The Great Dee
Have you guys ever tried the floating ball effect that tim drake does
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
760 Posts

Profile of 61magic
The Zombie is the standard. There are several versions of the gimmick that improve the effect. The main thing is the routine, and your acting ability. I found the best source of information was on the Jeff McBride Magic on Stage DVDs.
The other floating ball is the Astro Sphere, it uses a different method, but is not as versatile.
I use a Zombie with a curved gimmick I made.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The Best Floating Ball Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL