The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From The Wizards Cave - by Bill Palmer » » The Frustration Count -- Does anyone care about the secrets any more? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Sometimes the posts I see on this forum really tick me off. It seems that nobody really cares what gets posted anywhere on the forum. There is, apparently, a total disregard for the value of the secret.

I'm not going to give any specific examples, because this is an open forum, but you should be able to figure some of these out.

A fellow posts in an open forum requesting opinions about whether a particular method of using IT is better than another. How can this be discussed without revealing methods. There is a specific spot in Secret Sessions for IT work.

I see posts all the time in Ever So Sleightly about how to use a TT (without any encoding.) Usually, if anything is said to the poster, the excuse is "well, what are the odds that a layman would be browsing this part of the forum?" They may be worse than you think. I know people who do just that. They lurk, so you don't know who they are. The fact is that it is against the rules that we all read before we signed up.

Another thing that really bugs me is the kind of thread that I have recently seen in the review section. One fellow who didn't want to give a bad review of a particular trick said that he had a lot of things on the market. He sure does. I visited his web site. He has a transparent thin sawing, which is actually based on an idea of the Pendragons. NOT CREDITED. He has a version of the tube illusion -- NOT CREDITED. There are Harbin items, Abbott's items, all sorts of things, very few of which have any credit at all. To add insult to injury, he detailed over several posts some of the critical features of the trick. I believe this is a violation of Magic Café rules.

There are several items that are exposed entirely or in part in various parts of Secret Sessions. These, by the way, are marketed effects. I won't name them, you probably know what they are.

Here's the thing. When you signed on, you were supposed to have read this:

" You may openly discuss secrets and methods in the private forums listed above (provided they are not marketed tricks and effects - as exposing these items would only hurt the creators and manufacturers) with one another for the purpose of learning and becoming more proficient in the art."

See that part about MARKETED TRICKS AND EFFECTS? That's very important. If you can't follow these simple rules, you shouldn't post.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From The Wizards Cave - by Bill Palmer » » The Frustration Count -- Does anyone care about the secrets any more? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL