We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Things to remember, for the Gospel Magician. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I hope not. I do think we do need to speak with grace and kindness to one another and I do believe we can approach a brother or sister with loving correction. I know in my own life I have been corrected and although I did not like it at the time, they were right.

I still go back to my orginal point, what we do in the secular venue we should be doing it at least twice as good in our gospel shows.
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
250 Posts

Profile of afun14u
OK, I can't leave this alone. Yes, I am an Illusionist! Yes, I am a Christian! Yes, I honestly believe GOD want's me to succeed in my career as such! (not to think - "Well if I mess up, Oh well?) I also believe that when I am out doing a event for Christ that people (Christian and Non) are watching EVERYTHING I do...therefore I MUST do the best I can because I am there as a representative of GOD! And, His service and Word. Since He is the Almighty, I feel we should come across in the best way we can at what we present.

In HIS service
Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Robert,

I've seen you and heard your message and I do believe you do your best for Him. Keep up the good work.

David
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Kevin,

Well said.
Hamil
View Profile
New user
Bay Area California
93 Posts

Profile of Hamil
I like what Duane Laflin said on one of his dvd's. If it looks like you know what your doing,not making mistakes and being a professonal with your effects/illusions, then people will be incline to think you know what your talking about as you present the Gospel.
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Quote:
On 2006-01-16 18:46, Mtripp wrote:
Problem is, I have seen much BAD magic done by people who say "I am doing it for the Lord."

Perhaps a better focus is, IF we are doing this "for the Lord", then it should be very good because he deserves our very best....

...that means we prastice and we make sure our magic is the best it can be.

Wow, hey Mark! I didn't realize you had an intrest in Gospel magic. This point is right on target. I've seen my share of VERY bad magic done with a gospel theme... it's a real shame.

Mike
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
Quote:
On 2006-01-28 16:37, braddini wrote:
The Bible even speaks of this. Do all things as unto the Lord.
on a different note has anyone ever heard of larence Khong?

Do you mean this Lawrence Khong
http://www.magicoflawrence.com/index.asp
magicfun4u
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicfun4u
Hey guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am an ordained minister with a M.Div. from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and a professional magic missionary. If there is anything I can help with, please feel free to let me know.
BB

ps-Love to discuss Theology...with a loving spirit of course.
"Butter Biscuit"
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Welcome BB. Glad to have you at the MC.

David Williams
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Things to remember, for the Gospel Magician. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL