The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Spinning » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
Where can the effect where the card spins on your thumb and middle finger be learned, I have seen it in the show off 2 video after the awesome blossom production but it is not taught.
Switch
View Profile
New user
Auckland, New Zealand
79 Posts

Profile of Switch
Hi Chris

I think this flourish is one of those where you can learn it just by watching the performance video a few times, and then practice. Well that's how I learnt it.

Few basics, make sure you are holding the
card with your thumb and middle finger.
Thumb on top and middle finger on bottom.
Now with your index finger push the card forward a little and then pull it back, in one motion.
When you pull your finger back, at the same time lift your thumb up a little so the card is only spinning on the middle finger.
I hope this makes sense, let me know if you
have any questions.

ps Also note that when griping the card with your thumb and finger, don't grip the card too tightly, you should hold the card very loosely.

Hope this helps.
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
550 Posts

Profile of KC
You can also find it in one of the "Card College" series. I am not sure which one, but I'm sure someone in the Café will know. It is also in the big freakin' "Encyclopedia of Playing Cards" available at http://www.flourishman.com.
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Here is a link to this topic it has already been covered. Click Here!
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Card Spinning » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL