The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Psychic Surgery (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for a thorough description of the sleight of hand involved in psychic surgery. Can anyone point me toward a book that really goes into the entire process of psychic surgery?
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Psychic surgery?
Do you mind sharing the effects and what it really is?

Joe
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
There's a small section in james randi's 'flim flam'

I did a psychic surgery bit at a show I did last halloween... used AB blood, surgical gloves with a TT to match (totally invisible!) to pull out a thick bloody hairy mass... used this production as misdirection to steal a load from the back of the patients chair.. a big bloody foam and latex heart I made (realistic looking) which I then pulled out their chest. fun
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3350 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Man! I sure wish you had told me it was a trick before I did that last guy.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Andre Kole also explain a little bit about that in his vcd, if I amnot wrong MIRACLE OR DECEPTION.
This is my favourite effect....
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Thanks for the suggestions, I've seen the bit in Flim-Flam, but I'm looking for a more step by step explanation. Where can I purchase Andre Kole's vcd?

Shinobi, sounds like quite a performace! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks!
be well,
JW
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
MindStepper
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MindStepper
JW,

The classic presentation is to have a bowl lying on the gurney with the patient, on the side upstage from the audience. The bowl supposedly has only water in it, so that the psychic surgeon may keep his hands and towels clean.

As mentioned above, after appropriate incantations, etc., one steals a TT from the bowl with an appropriate piece of offending body parts in it. This is usually a piece of chicken flesh. After pulling the offending piece of evil flesh from the patient, the TT is ditched in the towels used to clean all the 'blood' from the just opened (and miraculously closed) incision. After wiping the patient clean with the towel, he or she is pronounced free of the offending evil tumor, and pays an appropriate fee.

The audience is the group who gets to see the show. The patient is either prone or supine, in either case they are not in a good position to see the show, and rely
on the audience to advise them as to what happened.

I don't profess to be an expert on this subject in the least, I'm only sharing with you the knowledge that I do have. I understand that this practice is still ongoing in India, Pakistan, and some other places. Most often, it is done in full sincerity, with everyone expected to believe fully in the truthfulness of the psychic surgeon.

I believe that when Randi did it, he was showing it as an expose' of what these folks did, to pull off the ruse.

I hope this is of some help.

Verne
MindStepper
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1933 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
On a good day it looks like your arm is inside the guy's torso up to your elbow. Yikes!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Joe Xavier
View Profile
Regular user
Borneo Islands
149 Posts

Profile of Joe Xavier
Sounds really good. Is it done in a theatre setting?
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I Did this Years ago only to scare my mom. I did it to my brother I don't remember what I used for Blood color but I used bacon strips for the tumor tht I was taking out of him. Needless to say it is a very scary thing for someone who believes to watch. I had read about it a long time ago but didn't actually want to do until I saw that show on it. I for got what it was.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Years ago I saw a video of this being done, in the "raw" so to speak remote village somewhere in Indonesia if I recall. It was just inside a thatch roofed plaster wall dwelling, there was a table, the "surgeon" covered with a clean sheet of cloth, had the person lie down, placed the bowl of water- which in due time was red with blood, and what looked like a bit of torn up liver..., the clean white towel- soon to become stained red with the blood.
The ability to manipulate the flesh did indeed look like the fingers were penetrating deep into the abdomen of the patient. Messy, realistic, and full of good ol' placebo healing I am sure!
I admit that in my youth and at the time it sure enough looked real to me!
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
Reading this thread, I can;t help but think of the end of "Man in the Moon." Andy Kaufmann's cancer is beynod treatment and he resorts to everything there is. He catches a psychic surgeon doing some sloppy sleight work, and just starts laughing. Sad clown thing, and all.

Whoever posted that they use AB blood, I'm sure that's some synthetic thing I don't know about, (this isn't my usual forum) but I immediately thought "why would you waste the most rare blood type like that!!" - Smile

-- Save a life, give blood.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
A/B blood is a mix of two chemicals that, when in contact with each other, make a liquid that looks very much like blood.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
David Blaine has the best psychic surgery I've ever seen.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Everybody knows that Blaine's a magician. You should see some of the folks who are accepted as real.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Got any links?
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12001 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I had a visit to the ER recently and they collected 3 vials of blood (after sticking me 3 or 4 times) and they never used any of the vials. I took one of them when I left and had some fun. Only problem is there was a nasty long clot in there after 3 days.
1031ent
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Psychic Surgery (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL