The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Flooded Equipment Cases...Help ASAP!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I was emailing back and forth with a friend in magic and he is extrememly busy! His cases were flooded as the theater flooded... Therefore, all of his equipment got ruined... of them is a Norm Nielson "Vanishing Bird Cage"...Does anyone know if Norm is still building these? What would it take to repair the damaged one? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Bryan
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Norm still sells them but it doesn't look like he has any right now. Here's the website: http://www.nnmagic.com/magicitems/stagemagicpage_cage.htm

I would e-mail to see how quickly one can be manufactured, if necessary.

Michael
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bryan,

Usually the theater's insurance will cover the replacement of such items, if the flood was not intentional.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Bryan, Thanks for putting the word out. The person in question is a close friend and he is stuck right now.He will have full use of all of my illusions and equipment if needed. Bob its kind of a unique situation and will tell you more when I can....but needless to say a complete show was destoyed. Brian

Posted: Jan 18, 2006 2:01pm
Oh and it looks like Norm will build him another one...just for him. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Brian,
That is great news... about Norm building him another cage... My heart goes out to him. I would be devistated if this happened to me and my show is worth not even a third as much as his!

Bryan
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Bryan, Luckily I lively kinda close to him and he will have full access to my entire show excluding the glove act. If he gets any up comming events he will be covered hopefully...LOL He is in good spirits concidering the drama. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your support! You'd all be shocked if you knew how the cruise director on the ship basically told me to **** OFF! I was shocked! He didn't want to deal with the insurance. The production manager, the captain, the security... nobody would help. It was quite frustrating!

My props arrive on the 24th... I have the next day to fix them, and then I'm on the road again... hopefully some of it will be salvage-able.

Thanks again for all of your support guys. I'll keep you updated on how it all comes together.

Dave
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
What props were damaged?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Flooded Equipment Cases...Help ASAP!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL