The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » My Ravenless Coin Color Change-check out the download (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Mike, are you out there?

Depends on how you mean out there Smile! To answer the question...both Tim Conover and myself independently came upwith it...as did Sawa and Dingle before us!
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Top Notch Platt, Kudos.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-01-20 02:51, mike gallo wrote:
Mike, are you out there?

Depends on how you mean out there Smile!

...nah, I won't touch that one. Smile

Yeah, very cool avatar, Platt. And the clips are cool, too. Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Platt, nice job on the changes, you do them very well.

Quote:
On 2006-01-18 04:47, Bernard Sim wrote:
David Roth did this in one of his videos, forgotten which one though.

It was part of a routine called the "Magic Mint" on his Folding Coins and Specialty Gaffs video or Ultimate Coin Magic DVD Vol. 1.
Click to visit:
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
...nah, I won't touch that one.

Thanks Magicalaurie..BTW, nice hat! Smile
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Platt why don't you just post the secret right here so everyone can see it and you don't have to answer everyone's pm seperately? I think I speak for everyone when I saw I'd like to know how that is done
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
2 Reasons:

1: This isn't suppose to be for exposure.... if you want to learn it then pick up one of the many resources that have been posted in this thread

2: It's not his to expose imho as many others have already posted its been done a long time ago by many, and even today its a pretty common thing, again imho...
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Prior to the "real face" exposure for a while I thought Platt was Johnny Platt from Chicago, but I guess he died a few years ago, huh?
potpie
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of potpie
Sexy. I'm going to have to look up Dingle's thing(le?) at the Castle this Sunday. Good work, though!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On 2006-01-20 19:03, mike gallo wrote:
Thanks Magicalaurie..BTW, nice hat! Smile

yer welcome, Mike- ...nah, I better not. Smile Glad you like my hat. Thanks. Smile
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Superb!
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
Now that's what I call real magic. So clean and fast. I wonder if it was just a bit slower for some spectators it may be so fast it doesn't register for some what they saw. I'm not complaining, I thought it was great. Just a thought.
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Superb, nicely done.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
The PMs keep coming so please be patient. I've now talked with a number of the big name coin guys. While they've all applauded me on my specific handling, they've consistently told me this basic coin color change is old school. So I'd like to humbly retract the forum title- "My ravenless coin color change." Having never seen anything like it myself, I'd like to believe at least the timing and subtleties are all my own. And if nothing else, I'm glad I could bring back something old and make it new to many of you.

But as for the WSV combo, it seems, at least as far as publishing goes, this is all my own. I've found many many uses for it and will probably post some more vids utilizing the combo. But they'll be no DVD. So, please... take it and run with it.

Humbly,

Platt
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Platt,

Creating something that's been created before doesn't diminish the worth of your achievement. Congrats and keep up the creativity!

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » My Ravenless Coin Color Change-check out the download (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL