The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK gimmick advise (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alby
View Profile
New user
Mexico
13 Posts

Profile of alby
I just got a PK gimmick mainly to perform the stop watch trick but i'm a little concern because I regulary perform to people with expensive automatic watches and I don't know if the mechanism of the watch can get messed up because of the trick. Some people have recommended me to keep the stopping time under 30 seconds, but still I'm not pretty sure. Does anyone has any experience with this?

Alby
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
529 Posts

Profile of sludge
personally I keep the stopping time as short as possible (always less than 5 seconds) due to the mental strain...it makes the effect stronger
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Just make sure you have a good insurance policy.
You have to give it away to keep it.
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
and how do you handle it if you DO damage a watch?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1737 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
...Run.

In all seriousness if you do damage someone's watch you should replace it.

Although, if would be alot easier to stay away from a situation where you could actually damage a watch with pk gimmics. I generally use my own watch for this effect. and if I am challenged to use their watch I inform them that it could infact damage their watch..as it could damage mine. This seems to impress people as you are suggesting that you dont have complete control over the mental abilities, they are hard to control.

They may wish to reconsider the challenge.

If they don't they offered, you warned them.
TheRetainer
View Profile
New user
England
31 Posts

Profile of TheRetainer
magicbygeorge makes a good point. However, for those people who are doubtful of your 'powers' from the beginning, saying that you could damage their watch with just your mind might well make them take a 'go on then- this I've got to see' attitude. I have to say if someone damaged my Yachtmaster, I'd be less than happy Smile Smile .
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
You may want to try Psychokinetic Time by Banachek.
No gimmick, no damage either.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
I just reset my creditcard....I guess that was the end of my PK-Magic. I wonder how many of my friends cards still work...
Marduke is right, just take a Psychokinetic Time watch. No hassle....

Smile
Pinky
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, Canada
49 Posts

Profile of Pinky
If you're going to try "Psychokenetic Time", you should also concider looking into "Pure Effect" by Derren Brown. It has some added touches wherein he causes THREE watches to stop; each more devious then the last and finishing with the third being stopped from across the room!
Dave Cross

"The problem with being better than everyone else is that people tend to think you're pretentious."
eize
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of eize
i use the PK gimmick and i did not have any trouble with any watch,but every time i use i am afraid ,because i am not sure if i am not going to have any problem with some watch.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK gimmick advise (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL