The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent alert: Albert Brooks and dummy is back! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7170 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
One of the funniest vent acts to hit tv was comedian/writer/producer Albert Brooks acts that were seen on Carson and elsewhere.

He has a new movie coming out filmed in India called (I think) Comedy in the Muslim World where he searches for what makes Muslims laff. (Very respectfully I might add)

But during the film there is a stage act in a large theater where he brings out his dummy (for the 1st time in 35 years!) and does part of his old act. I don't know if it's the one where the dummy, piece by piece falls apart during the performance but whichever act he does will be worth seeing again. The gag is, he is trying to gage what makes this audience laff and they don't, no matter what he tries. (Reportedly it was very difficult to keep the Indian audience quiet from laffing during the many takes.)
I think Rottentomatoes.com has the info on this new film.

Top of my list.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent alert: Albert Brooks and dummy is back! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL