The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
It is rather strange that those who have an established reputation as professional mentalists and psychic entertainers all liked the Busch books and in fact the ones on here are all backing up each other's points as well as our honesty and integrity yet someone who has no credentials and is only known on here, claims that the positive reviews are biased due to friendship has no one defending him and has himself on the defensive due to the suggestion of his inexperience. I would trust Tony Razzano, Joe Zabel, Banachek, Osterlind's and a few others opinions long before Bartlewizard's but then again - I'm biased! Just a funny observation.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6206 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've learned both some good peeks and CTs from Busch and from Millard. I don't see why you have to limit yourself to one or the other.
I always go by the idea that the more weapons you have in your arsenal then the easier it will be to go with the flow of any situation.

Just my opinion.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1800 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
It is rather strange that those who have an established reputation as professional mentalists and psychic entertainers all liked the Busch books

Not really - some people decide if they can´t say something nice they say nothing at all. And given the hammering I usually get for daring to express an alternative opinion, it´s little wonder that some prefer to stay silent. Besides, "professionals" are constantly bumming up each others products.

Quote:
yet someone who has no credentials and is only known on here, claims that the positive reviews are biased due to friendship

I claimed your review was likely biased, I have notsaid anywhere that all reviews ae biased. As for credentials, you know nothing about me other than what I post here - so what? Does that mean I am not entitled to an opinion?

Quote:
has himself on the defensive due to the suggestion of his inexperience

I am on the defensive because I am sick and tired of the inability of people to accept an alternative viewpoint - that I (and others) have read, have understood the busch books but quite simply do not like them.

The only peek I really cared for was "Busch´s BIllet" which I personally find an inferior and unnatural looking take on Millard´s AN move. Yet whenever I express such an opinion someone infers that I "just don´t get it" which is, frankly, pathetic. I used to defend Kenton products in the same way, but have since seen what a disgusting way it is to treat people. We are all different. I don´t dispute that people use Busch´s techniques with success, but I don´t see why that should negate the possibility of someone just not liking the handlings.

"I would trust Tony Razzano, Joe Zabel, Banachek, Osterlind's and a few others opinions long before Bartlewizard's but then again - I'm biased!"

Whereas I would venture to say that people should try things for themselves AND form their own opinions. Something which gets rarer and rarer on this forum it seems. And when people express that opinion, allow them to express and share their genuine thoughts and feeling and then help them develop rather than shout them down as being "inexperienced", "not understanding", "Not getting it" or - shock, horror - "having no credentials".
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
I'm also a little under whelmed by Busch's peeks. I agree that he seems to place unnecessary emphasis on the billet. The Zen Tear is lovely, but I don't see how it can be beneficial to pause half way through each tear to show how "fair" it all is (as he suggests you do).

Although I, too, am a nobody, so I suppose my opinion doesn't amount to much.
Never mind though.
Hello.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 22:47, Blackwood wrote:
Could you share with us the name of the OTHER peek you use, Mr. Razzano (and bring us back to topic for a moment?)

Thanks,

Boyd

Sure, Boyd.
The other peek that I use is Millard Longman's Acidus Novis.

Also, I think its important to note that I went through dozens of peeks before settling on those two.

I have used Acidus Novis for decades. I started using the El Zorro peek after reading Busch's book and studying the methods in it. I have studied other peek methods in the meantime and as any new ones might come out,will study them, too, always looking to improve. But right now those are ( and have been for a while) the two that I use.

Best regards,
Tony Razzano
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peeks » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL