The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » A Corker of an Effect that I don’t understand.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have an effect that came in a bag of Magic from Alberta Canada, that consists of a set of three nice chromed cups stamped with "demon" on the inside on the bottom. The cups stand about 4 inches high and have a diameter around 3.5 inches).

One of the cups holds a shell gimmick inside it, that when casually looking into the cup is not seen, and the cup appears empty. But when the shell is removed and displayed, it looks like a very large cork. The bag also had 3 regular (about .75 inch high) bottle-sized corks that each have a metal hook on the side of them. and one normal cork slightly larger than the three and has no hook, that I am guessing went with this effect.

Does any of that sound familiar to anyone, or does anyone have a clue as to where to look?

Thanks

BroDavid

If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
WindsorWizard
View Profile
New user
CANADA - Windsor, Ontario
44 Posts

Profile of WindsorWizard
BroDavid... It would sound like a sort of cups and balls effect with corks and the climax being with the change or appearance of a giant cork.

I seem to recall seeing something like this years ago, but that is all I recall at this time.

The "Demon" stamp was used on products that I purchased, again years ago, from Davenports in England and possibly searching their old catalogues and other British lists like those of Ken Brooke or Supreme Magic or even some of the American and European dealers lists might give some insight. That's the nice thing about the old catalogues, lots of ideas for new magic!

Have you tried a web search listing the props and the large "Cork" to see what comes up? Sounds like a fun project! Be interesting to hear if you get an answer.
EVERYTHING is possible...
If you simply, just BELIEVE!
~ ~ ~ Johnny Ould ~ ~ ~
VISIT US: Windsor Magic Place & Cases For Magic=A Free Report!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » A Corker of an Effect that I don’t understand.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL