The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The School of Busking (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The School of Busking
Well hear it is.
30th of June until 2nd of July 2006,
Friday to Sunday evening,
We have limited places left

Born to Perform?

A busker does not need an agent they don't not need to advertise. They can perform when they want where ever they want?

Mario Morris, your host will take through this cause which is designed to develop the skills of a Street Performer this will be held in a first class center based in Cardiff, Europe’s youngest Capital City Wales UK.

We will cover

Character.
Using your Props.
Putting a Street Show together.
How to attract a crowd.
Entertaining a crowd.
How to keep a crowd.
Passing the hat.

This will be an interactive workshop and lecturers, come prepared to learn about street performing lots of work and fun.
This will be a cause where we will look at your self and what you have got and help you to improve or develop a street show and your performance skills. So you must bring your own props, what you like to include in your own show or if your not sure, ask Mario.

On the last day with all things permitted, we will head for the center of Cardiff, Europe’s youngest Capital City. Their we shall take turns to do a practical busking shows or you can chose to watch and learn. This will be recorded and a DVD will be sent to you for your own viewing and suggestions to help you improve. If the weather is against us we have a plan B.

Book ASAP.
The event will cost £150 = about $250 a non refundable £75 deposit will be accepted as a confirmation of your place. This event will be a limited to maximum of ten students to ensure quality on a first come first served basis.

Hotel Accommodation is reasonable and we will arrange the best deal for you. I expect it to be around £30 a night at most.

To find out more contact Mario or book on line http://www.fathatmagic.com

I will be very interested in any of your thoughts regarding this.
Mario
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Mario,

This is a GREAT idea! I wish you the best of luck with it.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Going well,
I have got a tone of enqureies for this and now have a handfull of folk booked in.
At Blackpool Magic Convention "The Worlds Biggest Magic Convention" we will give this a push alone side the launch of the store Fat Hat Magic.
Mario Smile
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2120 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
If all the spaces fill up, can one still come & pay just to watch?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
When all the spaces fill up, the door will have to close.
Mario
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hay Dan I should have said thanks.

I have just com back from the British Juggerling Convention where I did my talk demo/talk on street performing. I had geat response and more folk singed up to the School of Busking I only have three place left now. If your interested contact me ASP.
Mario
circuskevin
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
60 Posts

Profile of circuskevin
I saw Mario give his excellent talk/demo on Street performing at the British Juggling Convention.

I was so impressed I think I mentioned it to nearly everybody I met afterwards. Back home I spoke of it to Keith Bennett, a magic dealer. He would make a good lecturer for the magic societies.

Needless to say I've signed up for his course.

Kevin
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Kevin Smile
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Omg. You should hold this in Canada !
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi Folks
Last call with just three places left.
Mario
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Wow! Not going to be in Europe and wouldn't have the money if I was but I wish you and your students the best! Smile
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
circuskevin
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, UK
60 Posts

Profile of circuskevin
Excellent course last weekend under the guidance of Mario. Great bunch of people who signed up for this.

Mario is the perfect person to lead such a course. He knows how to take pupil's initial ideas and transform them into something which works on the street.

After the Friday evening talk and demonstration, the participants were kept focussed on developing their own ideas and rehearsing for 'Sunday Showdown' on the streets of Cardiff.

He seems a popular Cardiff figure. On taking us a to a pub on Friday night we were all promptly invited upstairs to friend's party! On the Saturday we were all given a 20% discount at his favourite curry house!

Mario is very committed to the cause of delivering an excellent product. Very noble in this age of the 'fast buck'.

He has so many lines at his disposal. He could take any trick and mould it into a street presentation. This of course the product of many years as a craftsman of his trade.

I was on first on Sunday afternoon which was great! Got my show done and could relax and watch the others. Mario was on hand to offer odd tips and guidance throughout the afternoon. He finished with his own street show which was great to watch.

Marks out of ten? Definitely ten!

Thanks Mario.

Kevin
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Kevin

It was a great weekend the group geld so well. I suspect your at the Europing Juggerling Convention, would go to much work on.

I had high expectations for the success of this cause this was succeeded by far it just went so well.

So another cause is on the horizon if you are interested contact me.

Mario
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
Hi

It was Brilliant!!!!

Although I missed the last day due to prior show booking, I had the opportunity to include what I had learnt from Mario’s workshop….It Rocked!

Let me know when you next one is as I would like to attend again and bring 2 other people with me.

Thanks for a Fantastic time, Mario.

Colin
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13401 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Great job Mario.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Guys

I am very pleased to hear that number of folk from the cause are now street performing.

I have had a number of enqwires since the cause I would like to put out my feelers for some dates of when to run the next one any suggestions.

If you like me to run this cause in your home town then contact me.

This is a cause like no other, it's about you and your show.

Mario
trombley
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of trombley
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 20:18, mc_magi wrote:
Omg. You should hold this in Canada !

I agree I would love to go to a busking class.
never tried it but as of late I am really interested in it.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Mario Morris: Showmanship from the eyes of a Street Performer - Lecture and Workshop. Saturday July 13th, Bristol. From the organisers: "Mario Morris is an international comedy magician and street performer who has performed his Family Magic Show in over 20 countries throughout the world. He is the founder of the School of Busking and is part of the teaching faculty of the Magic and Mystery School in Las Vegas. He will be bringing his Lecture and Workshop to Smoke and Mirrors as well as performing his show in the evening on Saturday July 13th. 11am Introduction to Mario Morris' Life Inspiring Story; 12noon Secrets of street performing; 1pm go and get lunch; 2pm Secrets of Street performing part two (workshop); 3pm Showmanship, the whole world is your stage and questions; 4pm photos and goodbyes. This unique workshop is from the perspective of Street Theatre, but is applicable to most areas of showmanship. A real greenhouse effect in growing in the art of showmanship. Ideal for hobbyists, intermediate or experienced performers. July 13th, 11am - 4pm. Cost: £35 (note: this does not include tickets to the Mario Morris Magic evening show)
http://www.smokeandmirrorsbar.co.uk/index.html
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
Bristol Tennessee ?
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
981 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Pretty sure that's Bristol, England

Hudson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » The School of Busking (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL