The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best close-up mentalism trick (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 04:20, gabelson wrote:
V-Alfano-

If you like Positive-Negative, check out Bryn Reynold's "Business Card Prediction". It never leaves my wallet (except when I perform it, of course!)

Thank you very much. I see the 3-year-old-thread about BCP has now been brought back up at the Tricks & Effect forum.

I appreciate all the great feedback on this effect and also on my "$" routine (and just wait 'till you see DOUBLE-DOWN actually performed)

Thanks!
Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Quote:
On 2007-04-15 04:52, teejay wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-07 12:16, mesmer wrote:
I can do full solid one hour Close Up without repeating the same routine, only carry my Peek Wallet and my Predator Wallet...by carry both of them I can do 10 sets of Close Up Mentalism...so I never leave home without them...since I use them as normal everyday wallet also Smile

Hi Mesmer
I don't use a wallet yet so these may be dumb questions but...
Do you switch them?
More than once?
They look alike?
TJ

Hi
I've wanted to have a go at some wallet stuff for a while now
I have one for doing Kollosal Killer but haven't used it yet
Mesmer may not have seen my mailing but perhaps somebody else may answer?
Is it possible to do a credible hour with the two wallets that he told us about?
Would you have to switch them more than once?
Do they look alike?
I know that it could be done but could it fool people?
I have read a few hundred posts but there are so many opinions, effects and wallets
I just can't cope with all the material on offer
If nobody can help I may start a new thread just about wallets
Cheers
TJ
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Starting a new thread may be better, but exhausting the search function is best!

-J.
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
I vote Stealth Assassin Wallet
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Ssucahyo:I agree that the SAW is great,however I am sure you do not consider it a trick..itself. Smile

SAW is a wonderful tool.Take it out and remove something from it that makes it 'natural' to remove the wallet in the first place.

Now once it is in play..the opportunities for using the wonderful features abound.

I have a ready to go up to 15 minute act in my SAW...I hate to sound sappy but this one item [SAW] more than any other has altered my performance life.

sschayo:Maybe we can share some ideas using the SAW.PM me if interested.

Rich
FlippingWonderful
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of FlippingWonderful
I agree about SAW, if used in an effective routine it is an amazing tool and there are plenty of routines where you can leave your business card with people as well. I use this all the time in parlour and mix'n'mingle type events.

It is so good I have two... a v1 and a v1.1 (which is made better and includes an extra pocket).
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Teejay just get the outlaw wallet it can be used for peeks and PR excellent value for money.

Jason
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Quote:
Hi Mesmer
I don't use a wallet yet so these may be dumb questions but...
Do you switch them?
More than once?
They look alike?
TJ

Sorry for the late reply, been busy for a while, answering your question
No, I don't switch them, I use my own version of Stealth Assasin Wallet and I carry Predator Wallet, sometimes if needed, in a close up performance I Carry two of each wallet, both is loaded with different effect and different routine
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Banachek's number reversal, combined with a little NLP has to be right up there.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 19:36, gabelson wrote:
Banachek's number reversal, combined with a little NLP has to be right up there.

I never considered Reversal a close-up effect. Probably because I'm usually standing 10 feet away from someone when I do it.
I do think it's a great impromptu effect though.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
tommo394
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of tommo394
I also think Richard Osterlinds watch routine is an absolutely amazing effect, just stunning. and also I am in love with the amazing memory demonstration from 13 steps, not really sure if this classifies as close-up "trick" though, also I think if sold properly I think Kenton Kneppers "secret comitte prediciton" has some amazing potential as a method or idea...
A Sun That Doesn't Set, But Settles
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Oh, Roth, lay off, will ya! (Technically, you're 100% right- "Reversal" can even be performed over the phone, 3000 miles away from the spec (it's very powerful, in this instance). But when done in a close-up environment, it is easier to "read" what numbers the spec has actually written down, and there is often no fishing involved.
Close-up PK effects are killer, too.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Great call, Gabe!

When I perform reversal, I use have the particpant scan back and forth over the digits and think of one. They will almost always think of the one that remains constant (since usually there are only 3). It's kind of like the "subtle letters" of Banachek's. It really takes any sting away from any mis-hits. It's great!

Regards,
Sean
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Business card picture duplication
cosmicsecret
View Profile
Special user
Germany - Mannheim
504 Posts

Profile of cosmicsecret
Quote:
On 2006-01-25 09:23, mackmania wrote:
I'd have to say that my favorite close-up mentalism trick is Osterlind's Watch Routine. I do believe, however, that if you have the time to set it up, The Mockingbird is one of the most incredible effects you can perform. It is on VideoMind Parlor Mentalism.

Cheers,
mackmania

The Mockingbird and Kurotsuke are my fav. closeup routines because they are 99% impromptu.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Kuff's "Bold Business" picture dupe is a great close-up effect. A wonderful close-up routine (out of a p**k wallet) is "Hollywood or Bust". Very strong.
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
Quote:
On 2007-05-17 15:28, gabelson wrote:
Kuff's "Bold Business" picture dupe is a great close-up effect. A wonderful close-up routine (out of a p**k wallet) is "Hollywood or Bust". Very strong.

Hey Gabe,

Where can I find "Hollywood or Bust"? Who's routine is it?

Terry
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
The Relic will be the mentalism close-up effect of 2007
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I'd believe Roth on this one. I've had a sneak peek at the development process of this one, and it's gonna rock yo world!
"Hollywood Or Bust", Toberman, is by Colin Miller and Jamie Badham. It's a chapter in a book called "The Cheetah's Handbook", and can also be found on the DVDs that come with the Stealth Assassin.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2007-05-18 01:01, Roth wrote:
The Relic will be the mentalism close-up effect of 2007

I am dying! Thanks for the torture, Rick! Smile
We all are dying.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The best close-up mentalism trick (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL