The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gambling stories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 00:20, Mr. Z wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-23 20:58, Silly Walter the Polar Bear wrote:
One of my favorite books on hustling isn't about cards, but about pool. It is called "Playing Off The Rail" by David McCumber. It's about a guy and his stakehorse that travel around the US hustling pool. Coincidentally a couple of the guys I knew that hustled pool are mentioned in the book. One of the guys that he took that is mentioned in the book is one of the biggest jerks I have ever met.

Great book.

Bucktooth? Smile

Not Bucktooth. A guy that went by the nickname "Shorty". Check out the section when he is in Arlington, VA playing at a place called "Champions".
meijin
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
189 Posts

Profile of meijin
Mr. Z:

Do you remember from where? every place I can find wants an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks!

Michael
Michael

There are two groups of people that violate basic principles in any endeavor: idiots and experts. I tend to play poker with most of the idiots!

Partial paraphrase from Jason England comment
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2006-01-25 14:04, meijin wrote:
Mr. Z:

Do you remember from where? every place I can find wants an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks!

Michael

Bookmark this site: http://www.abebooks.com
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
meijin
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
189 Posts

Profile of meijin
Bingo! Much thanks Mr. Z!

Michael
Michael

There are two groups of people that violate basic principles in any endeavor: idiots and experts. I tend to play poker with most of the idiots!

Tony V
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Tony V
If you mean true-to-life stories then the book that I am about to recommend
does not meet the criteria. However if you are after entertaining, albeit
whimsical, gambling stories - then try Lew Brooks' STACK ATTACK. It is out
as a book, ebook AND NOW a just released DVD. Read some the reviews contained
in this website about the book. I just received my copy of the DVD and will
shortly be writing a complere review.
meijin
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
189 Posts

Profile of meijin
Tony...funny you mention that as I was going to pick up the book. Where did you get the DVD from?

Thanks!

Michael

EDIT....Just found a copy and got it ordered. I would be interested in your review.
Michael

Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Road Hustler gets my vote. I have the version with the magic footnotes. Just ignore those and you have an excellent book.
ME
Matthew Kimbro
View Profile
New user
D.C.
16 Posts

Profile of Matthew Kimbro
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 17:41, Silly Walter the Polar Bear wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 00:20, Mr. Z wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-23 20:58, Silly Walter the Polar Bear wrote:
One of my favorite books on hustling isn't about cards, but about pool. It is called "Playing Off The Rail" by David McCumber. It's about a guy and his stakehorse that travel around the US hustling pool. Coincidentally a couple of the guys I knew that hustled pool are mentioned in the book. One of the guys that he took that is mentioned in the book is one of the biggest jerks I have ever met.

Great book.

Bucktooth? Smile

Not Bucktooth. A guy that went by the nickname "Shorty". Check out the section when he is in Arlington, VA playing at a place called "Champions".

Shorty (JH) can rub people the wrong way. He is a good 9 ball player, but not at Tony Annigoni's level. Nice "Playing Off of the Rail" reference!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Gambling stories (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL