The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Spot on airship, and if your beer bottle is 'suitable' you can modify it to work with that too.

Here's another one if you're feeling brave.

I betcha I can make you turn your hands over without touching you! just hold out your hands... no, the other way up ;-)
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Acmp: Last night, I was browsing though my 1947 copy of 'Blackstone's Tricks Anyone Can Do' and found the 'drinking from the punt' trick in Chapter One: Bafflers. It's listed as trick #7, 'The Impossible Drink'. I had totally forgotten it was in there! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
It's a good one as people don't even turn the bottle over when they are trying to work it out, they're more interested in checking the cork is in properly and such.

It's in some more recent books to, '100 ways to win £10'.

It surprises me how long these simple betcha's can run for before the public get wise to them. Never mind, more beer for me I guess

acmp<><

(FWIW it's acmp and not Acmp, just a pet peeve of mine)
acmp<><

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Actually, the posting system auto-capitalized the 'A' - I typed it all in lower case. :0
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
No worries, Microsoft does it all the time to me.
acmp<><

Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I'm using a straw and an empty glass. I'll use the straw to pick the glass up off the bar or table. When the glass goes up, all I'll be holding is the end of the straw.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Gregory The Great
View Profile
New user
Florida
53 Posts

Profile of Gregory The Great
Scotch and soda sounds good!
KaydoWhoa
View Profile
New user
Keystone Heights, Florida
90 Posts

Profile of KaydoWhoa
Put 20 bucks in a matchbox then they put 20 bucks in the same matchbox. After one min. of talking about the $40.00 in the matchbox... sell it to them for $30.00
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Glass & Straw. Is it a suction thing?

$40 in match box. Does that work? It sounds a bit like 'making change'
acmp<><

Elputty
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
114 Posts

Profile of Elputty
I don't think anyone would actually want to do this one, and it is more of a scam then a bet. I saw it in Desperado, where a guy tells the story about the scame. Here's what you do.

Walk up to the bar tender and bet him a hundred dollars that you can pee in a cup that's like 4 feet away on the bar without spilling a drop. Build up the tension and then just pee all over the bar. When he asks for his money say just a second and walk over to the other side of the bar where you collect a hundred dollars a piece from four guys. Give the barkeep one and walk out. Secret is, before you go to the bar tender, go over to the guys and bet each of them a hundred dollars you can **** all over the bar without the bartender getting mad at all.

Like I said, not the sort of thing you'd want to do at a fine establishment.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Quote:
Glass & Straw. Is it a suction thing?

No suction. Think wedge.

acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Pee on the bar, ROFL
acmp<><

acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Glass & straw:
what glass are you using? For a wedge how about an arrow head type fold, but I'm not sure how to get the friction on the glass, maybe I'll take the bet.
acmp<><

Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

You have a bet. (Most people take the bet.) Send me an email address and I'll send you a video that shows and explains the stunt. This offer is open to all.

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-03-13 00:08, mrmystic wrote:
This one is really mean. I have only done it once and the guy I did it to was a real jerk the keep bothering the girl I was there with.
Bet the guy a fiver that he can't put a cue ball in his mouth. Sounds easy and it is. Getting it in is no problem. As soon as he shoves it in, pay him the fiver and leave. After you leave and he is laughing at what a chump you are, he will try to take it out again. This is where the fun starts, he can't. The way the human jaw is shaped it is very easy to shove a cue ball in, the problem is with a ball in your mouth you can't get your fingers in to grab it and pull it out. They have to go to the emergency rooom and get a shot to relax the jaw so that the doctors can partually dislocate the jaw enough to remove the ball. I went back in a week later and people were still laughing about it. Please do not try this to see if it works. If you must, use an apple the same size so that when you can't get it out you can slowly chew it untill it is small enough to get a grip on what's left.

I can attest to this one as being true - I saw it happen.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
ceme20
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of ceme20
That one with the cue ball is definately amazing. Smile It is mean, but...I can think of a few over the years that deserved it. LOL
The Magical stage parallels that of the Stage of Life. We can step off, re-direct, and Create new Miracles as easily, and as naturally as taking in a breath...
Mito
View Profile
Veteran user
Japan
319 Posts

Profile of Mito
This one's not 100% --- more of a gag, really:

While handling a deck, say "I can imitate any animal you name with this deck of cards."

(Hopefully they name an animal with legs, not like a sea anemone or something...)

Facing them, put the deck behind your back. Lean forward, legs slightly bent and apart, and drop cards from your butt in clumps onto the floor.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Oh, man. That's funny!
Hey, magicians! Keep an eye out for this one! Don't fall for it. It's a show ender!

Bursky
View Profile
New user
West Hollywood, Ca.
78 Posts

Profile of Bursky
Check out Dan Harlan's DVD's on Bar Bets
bhenk38
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bhenk38
My favorite is you bet your mark that you can knock two pool balls in at the same time with only one shot.

you start off by taking two pool balls giving them to your mark, and telling s/he to hold the pool balls on the edge of the corner pockets ( the side with the dot). now you take a quarter a place it on the dot. position yourself on the other side of the table in line with the quarter and your mark. shoot the cue ball with some force to where the cue ball will launch off the quarter and hit your mark in the chest and they will naturally step back and drop the balls in the pocket.
pick up your money bet them they wont get mad. (buy them a beer later on or give a chance to win there money back)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL