The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Do you shoot pool with the mentally challenged?
Steve V
bhenk38
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bhenk38
Sorry I do not follow by that comment? can you please explain yourself. thanks
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Only a dimwit stands in line with a pool shot, only a dimwit would fire off a shot with the intent of hitting some one in the chest. I don't believe it happened unless everyone in the room had on helmets and were suppose to hold hands walking down the street. Oh, reverse your puncuation.
Steve V
bhenk38
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bhenk38
Im sorry you feel that way but I have done this on a couple of occasion when I still hustled pool. But this is a discussion forum and if you feel that everyone in the world is an Einstein, then you need to take a better look.

Casanova
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
You know, I believe you that you got people to stand in line with a hard hit pool shot that you fired into their chest and caused them to jerk back and put balls into the pockets when you hustled pool and they paid off with a ho ho ho and a clink of glasses.
Steve V
bhenk38
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of bhenk38
Hey man every gene pool has a sucker and I have nose for picking them out that is why I was good at hustling.

Casanova;)
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
I to have a nose for picking. I also suck at pool, so I've never tried to hustle. But if I did I don't think I'd risk knocking someones teeth out for a petty trick bet.
Where did you carry out this audacious piece of poolhall showmanship and how often did you find someone stupid enough to do it to?
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
jtcavataio
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of jtcavataio
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 11:04, chichi711 wrote:
The trick where you say. I'll bet you 10 bucks the next card I turn over will be your card. Suckers take that bet everytime.

Not familiar with this one? Can someone explain? Do you turn it over after they display it?
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 17:10, jtcavataio wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 11:04, chichi711 wrote:
The trick where you say. I'll bet you 10 bucks the next card I turn over will be your card. Suckers take that bet everytime.

Not familiar with this one? Can someone explain? Do you turn it over after they display it?

The mark picks a card, you know what it is. You then start to take cards, one at a time from the face down deck, looking for their card, when it turns up you keep going as if you haven't spotted it. a few cards later you place the bet, they take it as you've already passed their card. you then go back through the face up cards and turn their card over, you win!

bit sketchy on the details, but I'm sure you can work it out.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
Bruce Sinclair
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
15 Posts

Profile of Bruce Sinclair
I posted an original bar bet as its own topic in "betchas" It is called Bounce/no bounce betcha. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2006-08-04 13:12, acmp wrote:
... you then go back through the face up cards and turn their card over, you win!

Don't try this on anyone who might already know it. Once the "next card" is about to be turned over, they might just square up the pile and really mess with the outcome. Even better, if you know they know...and you smell a double cross in the works, some double lifts and second deals will help a lot. Or take the "low tech" route and force a dupe.

This was great fun up in someone's room at a recent magic convention. Each was out to try and out hustle the hustler.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I bet them I can cut a hole in my (or their) business card big enough to put over my head. Sounds impossible to most!
gump
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gump
Non-transitive dice are always fun if your sucker is willing to play for a while Smile
theheartsfailure
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of theheartsfailure
Thank you every one I seen so many sweet things in here..
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Hi Patrick,

I would really like to see that video and explanation of the glass and straw stunt; I just PM'ed my e-mail address to you...

Thanks,
hsm
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Acmp,

I just sent you a PM. I would like to know the solution to the drinking from an unopened bottle of champaign stunt; might you be able to send it to me?

Thanks,
hsm
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Sure thing. Although the video has been lost and I've yet to shoot another, I'll be happy to send the written work.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
gump
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gump
Hi Patrick,

I too would really like to see the explanation of the glass and straw stunt. You have a PM. Smile

Thanks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Place a handful of change, including several pennies, on the bar, and tell someone you will bet him a dollar he can't pick up a penny from those coins.....When he does, ask him where on the coin is the word "penny"...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
A couple of my faves are the 5 question bet, I do some mindreading so I enjoy doing the 'no' trick on the skeptics... its where you tell the mark they have the ability to read minds, they disagree and of coarse they want to make you look like a fool so they accept... "i shall write a word on this card, no one will see it and it is for you to read my mind and tell me what it is"... "sound fair enough? $20 bet?" you ask them " o.k. lets try, er do you know whats written on the card?" they will say "no" because they don't, and on the back of the card is written the word NO... $$$ cha ching $$$
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Betchas » » What is your favorite bar betcha? (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL