The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Everyone is invited... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
170 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
Guys,

I am a big advocate of routines that get everyone involved. Mentalism should be experienced not just observed. Of course this is not too much of a problem for one, two or three spectators....after that things get tricky. I would like to hear what routines you recommend for closeup, seemingly impromptu situations where mulitple spectators are involved. (let say more than 2 and less than 10 or so)
Of course in stage situations there are psychological forces / macro effects but for smaller situations what do you do?

SO far I have been using:

1. Q & A
2. Sneak Thief
3. Pseudo Psych

Thanks
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Q & A for less than 10 people---hmmm

oh well each to their own.
(my umbrella is open - I just don't see myself holding a clip board impromptu)

Multiple card selection with ither marked cards or you force the cards- and then you tell them whaat they picked
try the Ostiland radar deck but that's good for 4 people.

You could do a psychometry routine with the back of your business cards
- where you could get them to write anything and then you know which card belongs to each person--- Check out the Bliss Book messing with minds for his Nickerbocker routine---I think it's fantastic and is more than just a "I read your mind" routine
There is comedy and audience participation and not only participation but the audience is involved in the effect as well.

If you do something like a spoon bend--- The audience is involved - there eyes and their sence of the impossible---now while they are not always holding an object and are mearly looking---it is very powerful and should not be ignored becase their is limited physical involvement from the audience.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
Try psi-grapico this one play strong in small audiences,pk time and the wath routine from osterlind,equivoke,pateo force,inclusive a book test CL boarde has 2 books about close up mentalism one-one mentalism and mainly mental 3.
davybabybrazil
View Profile
Regular user
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
170 Posts

Profile of davybabybrazil
Granted, that spoon bends, etc are powerful- but I wasnt refering to individual effects - I am looking for routines that involve everyone and not just as spectators....
It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth if you know that if you were in his situation you would be lying.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I second the above mentioned, and raise with
Change of Mind
ODDS
A CT or a peek
Some routine using a stacked (read BCS) deck

You'll also find a lot of material in ETMMM and Mark Strivings' books

Sven
ELima
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
164 Posts

Profile of ELima
Dan Harlan has a nice one handing out 8 or so cards. Ask them to stand up as their card is read and applause. Ending with a standing ovation!
Cassidy has one with a bag of 8 or so stones to 8 different people, of which one has a diffent color. Finding the one person with the odd color.
I would also say the "cold reading" variation of Osterlind (MMO2 5). Even if you only get to read 2-3 of the envelopes, many more are engaged as they have filled in their own cards and are waiting with entusiasm.
The BIP2.0 book allows you to read 5 different people in one go (and more with variations)

Endre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Everyone is invited... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL