The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need help with Glorpy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KimSilverman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of KimSilverman
Hi all. This is my first post. Jeff Hass recommended this board.

I recently started using Eugene Burger's Spirit Scarf routine (Glorpy with a version of the Tenkai turnover). I'm having a lot of fun with it, but I'm noticing that although adults are fooled (or appear to be), sometimes kiddies are not looking where they are supposed to look and seem to be catching me out.

I assume the problem is in my handling of the Glorpy. Eugene's instructions do not cover the actual Glorpy technique. So...I'm looking for pointers on where/how to place my hands, general body position, etc. Books, or (preferably) videos. Can anybody give any suggestions or pointers?

(if you want to discuss technical details of how to use the Glorpy, which I would LOVE you to do, please email me personally at kimsilv@apple.com).

Thanks, all

-Kim
Seance
View Profile
Veteran user
Talking on the other side with
389 Posts

Profile of Seance
Kim,

If you can, get a copy of Eugene Burger's SPIRIT THEATER. Get the SECOND edition (the one without the record). He details in the back with pictures how to fold and manipulate the glorpy.

Hope this helps.
"Even the dead tell stories."
KimSilverman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of KimSilverman
I looked around on the web...and it turns out that Eugene has a video that apparently includes his performance of it:
EUGENE BURGER'S MAGICAL VOYAGES VOLUME 2
A VOYAGE TO THE UNREAL WORLD

I'll place an order.

Meanwhile: does anybody know of any other treatment? Anybody recommend I get the book as well as the video? And does anybody use this regularly? If so, do you do it standing up or sitting down? How do you positin your hands?

Thanks.

-Kim
magicman2000
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicman2000
Hi Kim,

The routine you have described is performed in Eugene Burger's video/DVD Magical Voyages #2 and he shows in detail on how to work Gorpy. This is one of my favorites to perform as Gorpy never ceases to get a great response out of the audience. I usually alternate this illusion with a Gorpy trick that Daryl performs in his new DVD, Fooler - Doolers #2 called Spectral Silk. This is one where he makes the selected card actually rise out of the folded Gorpy. Both tricks can be performed standing or sitting depending on where it is being presented. I prefer setting the mood as a serious time to enlist the spirits as I am sitting down at a table. If you are having a problem with the handling of Gorpy, I suggest you get the DVD or videos as you can see the necessary moves and how they are done.
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
An alternate use for Glorpy:

When I demonstrate the Hand of Glory, I assert that I have discovered that it can enable one to penetrate solid surfaces, but it must be done in the dark.

I cover 3 coins with a handkerchief. Then, by the light of the Hand of Glory, I reach under and thus through the table to remove one of the coins. A bizarre version of coins through the table.

My Glorpy is a hinged variant. Hard to make, even harder to find.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Need help with Glorpy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL