The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name/place question! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Hi! I just wonder, what would you do if you tear (CT or PCT) one billet and you can`t read the whole word, because some letters are missing. so you are not able to m......l the second billet!
kiki
100ch
View Profile
New user
Sheffield UK
43 Posts

Profile of 100ch
Well in those rare instances that happens, you should be able to realise the word from a couple of letters missing...failing that, in the name place routine, you would be in a mess. perhaps reconsider the type of tear you use?
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
Perhaps reconsider the type of tear you use?

it never happened to me with name/ place routine. but it happened with the standard method (one spectator) ,like think of a person.... sometimes they write very big. in this case it`s not a problem if some letters are missing. but in the name/place routine that would be bad.
kiki
100ch
View Profile
New user
Sheffield UK
43 Posts

Profile of 100ch
IMHO kiki if you have any uncertainties with the said routine, then design a similiar premise but change the handling, if you know several switches, tears and peeks then I'm sure it wouldnt be a problem Smile I don't personally use the routine although a friend of mine does, I'm very very fussy with the stuff I perform and it is always my routine, never straight from the book.

experiment my friend Smile
Reuben Dunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Has a purple ribbon wraped around my
1592 Posts

Profile of Reuben Dunn
Quote:
On 2006-01-24 11:11, KiKi wrote:
Hi! I just wonder, what would you do if you tear (CT or PCT) one billet and you can`t read the whole word, because some letters are missing. so you are not able to m......l the second billet!
kiki

I had an experience like this at a dinner party in California last August.

I use the PCT and was quite specific on where I wanted the name to be written. However instead of writing the name ON the line, the dear lady wrote the name ACROSS the line, which meant that when I did the peak after the tear, I only had three or four letters of the name; it was a long name.

A deep breath, silent prayer, I was able to guess the name...it was a rather interesting test of bladder control.

On the other hand, given the premise of my show, that I don't do "tricks" so there is a chance I might get it wrong, even if I had mis-named it, I still would have got 50% hit.

By the way it turned out that the name and place were related due to business connections.
Good Thoughts.

Reuben Dunn

www.reubendunn.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Just do the original method. I do and it kills. Ive had a connection my last two shows. JMO of course and I love PCT and CTs and do them all the time but I just like doing Name/Place the way Bob does and with the burn.

On the PCT and partial letters, I agree with Mindguy also. I can take a stab sometimes or miss it and just reveal some letters. Being wrong won't kill my performance because I would hope to have proven myself (which has been the norm).

I had a lady one time full of spirits (brews) and she missed the line completely. In fact, I didn't see any letters on the paper. Needless to say I was ticked. One simple task and she didn't master it. With mic in hand, I asked if she had been drinking. She was having problems answering that. I told the audience "well there you go, it doesn't work on people who have been drinking."

I am very very specific about writing on top of the line in my instructions now. I also tell them to stare at the name for a few seconds before closing the paper to imbed it in their mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name/place question! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL