The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Spooktacular Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
The Spooktacular website now has an Origami video.
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
Nice one. Smile
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
ABSOULUTELY AWESOME!!! The props, costumes, and set are OUTSTANDING! The videos were truly a blast to watch! Hopefully someday I will be able to see the show!
-Michael
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Thank you for the kind words. Everyone involved in Spooktacular does a great job making it the show that it is. For those who asked, the show runs from mid September until Halloween. The place to see it is at Worlds of Fun amusement park in Kansas City, MO. This will be the 13th year I have produced the show at this park. Oddly enough, Spooktacular is in the same theatre that once held Mark Wilson's Haunted Theatre in the mid 1980's.
Outside the amusement parks, we have toured Spooktacular with a 90 min. format in theatres and from time to time appeared at magic conventions with a shorter show.

This year's production is now in the planning stage and will be one of the best ever. If you get the chance to visit in October, please stop by after the show and say hello. If you would like to find out more and see all the photos, go to http://www.wackydracky.com and spend a few minutes.

Best wishes,

John Bundy
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
Is there going to be a DVD for sale of the show?

Ron
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Ron:

No, there is no plan to sell a dvd of the past shows. However, we are considering producing something new that could be available in the future.

John Bundy
styles
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
71 Posts

Profile of styles
Wow - a lot of fun and a great spin on some classics of magic.

I enjoyed the performance. Great to see performances that are different and unique.

Keep up the great work guys.
Scott
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Can't we all be in it? It looks like such fun! (Though obviously VERY meticulously rehearsed.)
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Hello Café!
Happy Halloween and then some.

I will be posting some new videos of the show in the next few weeks. Probably about 4 new ones. We are still putting the show away for another year. Until then, I just posted a short video on http://www.wackydracky.com to show you what goes on backstage with five minutes until curtain.

John
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Really cool. I liked that!
Makes a great promo for the show!

Dennis
Dennis Michael
evgulick
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of evgulick
John

Very entertaining. Some of the comedic elements really work

Craig
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Thanks all, for stopping by the site!

We had a blast doing the "Backstage" video. We shot some other things as well...
Maybe if everyone ask nice Wacky will let us post the video of how he makes pop corn...

Thanks again for your support!
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2006-11-12 01:04, John Bundy wrote:
I will be posting some new videos of the show in the next few weeks. Probably about 4 new ones. We are still putting the show away for another year. Until then, I just posted a short video on http://www.wackydracky.com to show you what goes on backstage with five minutes until curtain.

I love you guys, you always have something a bit different up your sleeves. Did I detect a small hint of Benny Hill in there? (Although his shows were never really my sort of thing I had a sneaking regard for his ability and dedication).

I'm looking forward to those promised videos of the show...and that thing Morgan mentioned about making corn pop Smile
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Hello Mark:

Every thing old is new again. Kudos to Benny.

Speaking of Mr. Hill, in the late 1980's I was performing my Toyland show in NYC.
I was Gepetto, but after one performance a little girl asked me if I were the real Benny Hill.
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2006-11-14 09:09, John Bundy wrote:
Hello Mark:

Every thing old is new again. Kudos to Benny.

Speaking of Mr. Hill, in the late 1980's I was performing my Toyland show in NYC.
I was Gepetto, but after one performance a little girl asked me if I were the real Benny Hill.

Was Benny Hill big in the USA? I read somewhere that his shows were shown there but I would have thought he was one of those types of British comedy that Americans just don't get.

Looking forward to updates at your websites now the big Halloween run has finished. By the way, how did it all work out logistically?...if I remember rightly you were touring a separate show at the same time you were doing the park. Sounds like it was hard work - did it pay off?
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Benny Hill was one of the few British gents that invaded America and was hugely popular, especially with men ages 18 and up. His repeat shows would usually pop up on late night TV stations.

Years ago I remember all the college kids raving about Benny Hill and how you had to see his TV show. I know Johnny Carson (king of the USA's late night TV talk shows) was a huge fan and mentioned Benny Hill by name numerous times on his program.

I know Michael Jackson was also a big fan.

Gerry
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Wow...bizarre...I'm not a great admirer of Mr Hill but I do respect his reputation for professional dedication in the way he put together his shows. However in Britain I'd have to be careful not to shout too loudly about even that level of admiration because he really isn't popular anymore. Perhaps it would be OK to be nostalgic about "Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west" (a song with some great lines) but not most of his other material - and it's not totally a PC thing, he always appealed only to certain audiences here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Spooktacular Video (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL