The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Smoke from hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I do a card effect where the spectator winds up with a burned card between their hands. I would like to be able to cup my hands loosely around theirs and have smoke appear just prior to having them open their hands to reveal the burned card.

can anyone give me some good ideas as to where to start as far as the smoke is concerned?

I appreciate your help.

Bobby
williamtbrady
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
56 Posts

Profile of williamtbrady
Ultra smoke 2000 from ellusionist.com will do what you want.
Thou you need to wear a rig for the effect.
I found it works out quite expensive if you do not perform it often as the smoke has a shelf life once opened.

That aside, it is a killer, real magic in your spectators eyes!!
If they cup their hands loosely, then yours round theirs, you should be able to have the smoke appear right in their hands, it will knock'em dead.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Bear in mind that the chemicals used in ultra smoke are very hazardous, and the instructions actually, quite funnily say not to get near skin or clothing!!!

From experience it did get great reations, but was so awkward and bad to use that I ended up throwing it away :-(

With proper care, it could probably be used ok. Whenever you finished using it you have to take the whole system out of your coat and take it apart and store properly. If your willing to put in the time it may be worth getting.

Remember NOt to use it in resturants or placing involving food and NOT to get it to close to spectators.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I appreciate the idea... Anyone else have a thought on this or perhaps another idea?

Many thanks!

Bobby
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Im sure I read somewhere that someone had an idea using aroma therapy oils or somethings like that, but not to sure.

If there is a safe practical version out there somewhere, I would love to know.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Even away for the specator to feel heat???
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
You threw it away. I am saving up to but one of those! I wish I knew earlyer!
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
It would have been no good. The cartridge leaked and it had never been opened.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Well, to be fair, I did have that cartridge for a while. I suppose it's the sort of thing that wont last forever. I can see why it does cost a lot of money. I think the custom cartridges are probably not cheap to produce.

If your willing to put in the time to take proper care it may be worth it and should last a while. Also bear in mind that the chemical is very hazardous. I find it funny that the instructions say not to get near skin or clothing, yet you wear the dam thin.

You also have to be carefull where you use it. Resturants are a definate NO. don't use near animals, don't use to much in a small room if their is no ventilation.

You will get great reactions with it, but my own personal opinion is that it aint worth the hassel. Im sure others will share their opinions.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I stored a cartridge after I'd opened it.. and I stored it properly..3 weeks later when I opened it..some black powder came out and that was it..no more ultra smoke..its a beautiful expensive trick that yo have to use immediately
Silvernail
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Silvernail
Try dry ice, and load it into an eye-dropper. cant say much more w/o exposing, but if you get what I'm saying...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Smoke from hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL