We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cigarette Through Quarter (Dingle Routine) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Anyone get a chance to see this on the new (but old) Stars of Magic DVDs? An interesting take, using a psuedo-exposure, followed by the impossible penetration. I laughed when I saw it - he fooled me for a second because I thought I knew where he was going.

I've loved and hated cigarette (or pen) through quarter for a long time. Any thoughts on whether this makes it any stronger or is this trick doomed as too perfect and the method obvious?
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
Hey Doug,

I really had no interest in this effect but.....Garrett Thomas hit me between the eyes with the switch. Flew right by me when I saw him do it.

Brian
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1140 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Are you guys talking "Garrett" or "Derek"? I was talking about Derek Dingle. I've never seen Garrett's version.
bwalendziak
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
78 Posts

Profile of bwalendziak
Sorry D-brew got off track. I'll have to dig up that video of DEREK.

Brian
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I believe Mier Yedid had a new Dingle DVD with this effect on it.

Craigg
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
498 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Yes, I have the original video tape and Dingle always makes me laugh when I view it. I like his suedo-exposure of the effect, it all makes sense. I love when he feigns the "German" accent to sell the effect even more. It's good to hear they've restored this to a new DVD. Smile
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Derek Dingle's Delight DVD a lecture/show filmed 1998 shows Derek performing cigarette trough quarter and can be obtained from Mier Yedid.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cigarette Through Quarter (Dingle Routine) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL