The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Clear forcing bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1639 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post expressing a problem with clear force bags. Steve's post above, however, accurately perceives the problem as being one of touch, not sight, on the part of the spectator.

The problem is especially severe/obvious when the bag contains bulky things to choose from.

For example, I tried working up "Compelled," an effect in which a bag holds pieces for a jigsaw map of the United States. The spectator chooses a piece from the clear bag, and it happens that his chosen state fits the only blank spot in the "prediction map." Problem: The spectator can easily feel the bulk of all the pieces beyond the plastic wall.

Anyone have further thoughts on such situations? The clear force bag is such a great principle that I'd like to find a way to make it work!

Cheers,
Jerry
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
This entire thread would be better placed in the "Inside" mentalism area. Even the mere existence of the item being discussed should not be acknowledged where the browsing public can learn of it.

Perhaps the moderators can relocate it.
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1849 Posts

Profile of Lior
Guy Bavli Net Bag

Lior
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com

The Invisble touches , spoon bending, PK combinations
8 loops from Yigal Mesika http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8161

Penguin Live lecture http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7645
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
re;
The spectator chooses a piece from the clear bag, and it happens that his chosen state fits the only blank spot in the "prediction map." Problem: The spectator can easily feel the bulk of all the pieces beyond the plastic wall.

"Bulk" may be the operative word here. Use less pieces. The effect sounds like a knock off anyway, just a different jigsaw.

Paul.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1639 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Paul,

Re: bulk: You can't really use fewer pieces, since there are 50 U.S. states and using only 10 or 15 pieces in the bag would look odd.

Re: knockoff: The instructions for Compelled are copyrighted 1978, and I have no idea if there were similar effects earlier. Do you?

Cheers,
Jerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Clear forcing bag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL