The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hospitality plans (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy plans for Steinmeyer's Hospitality outside of purchasing the Modern Art book?

Thanks,
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Frank Simpson
View Profile
Special user
SW Montana
883 Posts

Profile of Frank Simpson
No, that is the only way to get the plans, as well as the only way to secure the performance rights. It's really not expensive either.
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
The performance rights and building plans for Hospitality are in Jim Steinmeyer's book MODERN ART and other Mysteries.
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
The other thing to consider is that some of the other items in the book are good, solid effects from one of our foremost thinkers. The price of the book is not far off from what some others charge for a single set of plans.

Most of us can actually derive some good from reading Jim's thoughts on how he gets to what he considers the final version of the effects he publishes.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
"Some?" Aren't there only two other effects in the book?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
No, there are 3.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
There are 4 all together? I could swear that there are only 3 including Hospitality. But I don't have it yet, so maybe the online store descriptions are wrong.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Jack Murray
View Profile
Special user
St. Petersburg Fl.
773 Posts

Profile of Jack Murray
You are correct only 3.....MA, Hospitality, and Shadow Theatre.

Jack
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
But they are excellent plans, and, as already mentioned, reading the book will give you tons of insight into how illusions work, and how "Modern Art" developed. Why bother trying to find a "cheaper" route when the book itself is so moderately priced? It's more than worth it for just "Hospitality." Consider the other two illusion plans to be "free bonuses."
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
138 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Buy it already made from David Charvet, Mark Evans makes these for David and they are great

http://hometown.aol.com/dcstudios/magic.html
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
I have the Charvet Hospitality. It really is great. I can also share an alternative to the lemonade mix used at the end. PM me if you want details.

Cris
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
2nd to what Starrpower said.

I bought this book just for Hospitality. I haven't built it yet, but I consider it a worthy investment, mainly because having seen Lance Burton perform it, it is one of the most memorable pieces of magic I can recall ever witnessing.
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
What would be the advantae of buying it already made instead of purchasing the plans?

Quote:
On 2006-01-29 19:02, magicgraham wrote:
Buy it already made from David Charvet, Mark Evans makes these for David and they are great

http://hometown.aol.com/dcstudios/magic.html
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
If you're good enough with wood to make it yourself, or can find someone who would make a quality model for less than Charvet would charge, then buying the plans makes sense. If you're like me and can't build a box, then it would be better to buy a unit from an authorized dealer.

Curt
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
I see. Of course. I'm extremely good with wood, and have a full shop, so the plans would probably be the way to go for me.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I made mine which is great and when I see people that have been to my shows they mention that 'trick' magicians and laypeople alike love it...i fell in love with the trick when I seen Lance do it years ago. I build each illusion from the book..Jim left out some details in the Shadow Theater but I worked around it to get it to work right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Hospitality plans (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL