The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Anyone Going to Magi Fest? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Okay, I know this may not be the right forum, but oh well. I'm trying to see who is going Magi Fest in Columbus Ohio on Feb 3,4,5. I would love to hook up with a couple of other Buskers. It seems that the conventions I go to never seem to have a population of Buskers there. Gets lonely fellers.
I'll be up there for Friday and Saturday leaving out on Sunday. Pm me and we'll get together, knock back a couple, and tell some tales.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
There is a few Buskers gathering at Blackpool Magic Convention this year which is the World's biggest magic convention, other side of the pound mind. I have been nominated for the British Close Up Comp 2006. I have sweaty palms already.
One thing is for sure we should have good time.
Mario
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Very nice Mario. Tear'em up man.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
It actually is scheduled to run Feb 2-4 and Since it starts Thursday, I cant do it. I was thinking it started Firday, and is only a couple of hours away, so I was considering it.

But last week in talking to guys in local club who are going, they are all leaving early on Thursday, and I cant leave on Thursday, and I don't see paying full freight to get half of the program, so I just wont be going after all.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Bro David, thanks for the correction. Man I dint even know what day it is half the time. I'm not going up until Friday Evening and you don't have to pay the full ticket. You can pay by the day or whatever. Last couple of times I went, I hustled a lower rate. Come on man! It will be blast!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
I will try and find out for you David, but I am pretty sure you can do a one day pass if you come down on Friday or Saturday. I think maybe even better is to just get tickets to the Headliner show for Friday night and then a day pass for Saturday.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Yep, that's what I'm doin. headliner show then the Saturday pass for $70.00. Easy Stuff!!!
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
We do offer a one day pass for $70. You can also buy a ticket to the headliner show for $15. No hustling.
Ron Spangler
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Come on Ron. A little hustling never hurt. Just kidding.
Maybe hustling was a bad choice of words. I should say....
I asked for a lower rate and I got it. I arrived late on the last day, the guy behind the counter was a nice fella, and gave me a break.
Read my other post Ron, Friday night show, then a $70.00 day pass. That's what I'm doin.
Lighten up.
Rspangl
View Profile
New user
Ohio
54 Posts

Profile of Rspangl
I'm lightened! I'm lightened!

I was trying to answer the original question about whether or not a "day pass" is available. If you came in late on Saturday, that's a different story. We really do try to be fair.

But, I could also write a book on all the various things people have done to get in...including one of my personal peaves...sneaking into events without paying, and then sitting out in the lobby selling their lecture notes.

Also, I was registration chairman for the IBM convention for three years. I heard stuff like "I have a bad left knee, and therefore need a seat in the front three rows".

Seriously though...glad you're going to make it. I understand people trying to work around work schedules, gigs, etc. If you're a busker, please try to stop by the party in the Buckeye Room after the last show. We encourage people to do some impromptu performing, table hopping, etc.

p.s. Maybe I was the nice fella behind the counter Smile
Ron Spangler
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2006-01-30 22:45, Rspangl wrote:

p.s. Maybe I was the nice fella behind the counter Smile

I would be willing to bet my money on it.......
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Psst I am considering road-tripping in for thu night->sun morning and if anyone has a cot/couch/bed/whatever anywhere 30min from convention, PM me Smile
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
No problem Ron. Just goofin around. I bet you were the nice fella. Look forward to seeing you there.

I'll be the guy with the bad knee, selling lecture notes in the hallway. HAHAHAHAHAHA. LOL
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
What? Sneaking in and then selling their own lecture notes in the lobby? Why the gall. One time I did see a guy selling lectures notes and his briefcase full of gall was right there on the floor beside him!
"Go Browns!"
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
LOL! briefcase full of gall. Stop you're killin me.
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Then again maybe I shouldnt ahve drank all that cough syrup this morning.
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
Audacity's another big one too. Why in fact, a guy had his sack from McDonald's in one hand and his sack of audacity in the other. They will stop at nothing!
"Go Browns!"
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
That's how all of you will be able to recognize me at Brownfest, errr, Magi-fest. I'll have some type of Browns gear on, and I will be cracking myself up at the least funniest of things-my own thoughts!

Later,
Mark, the Browns Loving, Self-Cracking Up Magician
"Go Browns!"
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Pat and I will be there. I run a magic club at the high school I teach at and I'll be bringing down four of the kids in the club. This is their first convention. They're going to have a blast!

See you all there,

Rob
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
See you fellers there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Anyone Going to Magi Fest? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL