The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gosh foam eggs... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Saw these on the web. Are they suitable for a multi egg production from an egg bag?
They look pretty good and having a half dozen seems like a good idea if they compress well. I thought a half shell egg would be nice to produce/manipulate with as well.

Any thoughts?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I bought one. The are not as soft as a super-soft spongeball but I really don't have a lot of experience with them other than to tell you that.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
So mabye three would fit in a half shell?
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Yes, perhaps 3 would fit. I'll go home and squeeze mine tonight.

PM me tommorrow and I'll let you know the details.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Cool, let me know. I had three eggs in the shopping cart, but dumped them for now.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I forgot to give them a squeeze but I'll try to remember tonight.

the best eggs might be the Jarle Lierpoll version BUT they are extremely expensive which is why I purchased a goshman egg.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
More egg questions Frank,

I looked at the Lierpoll eggs But my budget for the next month is not good But I can spring for a set of four Gosh eggs.

Do they wash up clean like spongeballs?

Also did you get yours for the egg on the card fan?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Sorry, I forgot all about the egg thing.

I'll try to remember. I got it for the Lierpoll effect, toilet paper to Egg.

Thought that would be a good stand-up piece.

I have not worked on it much. My neck and spinre are still recovering from practicing Double-Crossing-The-Gaze.

Now that I have an "Aeron" chair at work (ahhh!!!), I feel much better and I'll try to drag that one back out and start over again.

So, ahem, um.... I'll check out those eggs and get back to you.

There is a film over the egg so it should wash up better than a spongeball, but I'm only guessing. I also, do not believe they are of the "supersoft" category. I would say they are more soft but I'll let you know more after I check' em out.

Frank
Quote:
On 2003-01-23 16:22, KingStardog wrote:
More egg questions Frank,

I looked at the Lierpoll eggs But my budget for the next month is not good But I can spring for a set of four Gosh eggs.

Do they wash up clean like spongeballs?

Also did you get yours for the egg on the card fan?

Quote:
egg on the card fan

what is that, anyhow??
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It is the tissue to egg. He does it both in the hand, or makes a card fan to bounce it while its growing. I think the fan serves a cover purpose too but didn't read it close enough to say for sure. I'm pretty sure he recommends doing it in your hand to start out.

I was thinking the set of four for a C&B thing as well as Ammar's ball routine and
possibly a new effect that I am just creating, that I will post in the secret sessions if it works out when I get the eggs.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I think only 2 would fit in a half shell.

Also, the goshman eggs do not "grow". They are just like a spongeball. They compress and immediately return to normal size.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Thanks, Frank,

I am going for the four. They seem like a great props to have. I got a box to keep them in so the dogs don't get them at home.

UPDATE Jan 28 2003

Ordered 4 today, another quarter go box to make up for the one I destroyed trying to develop a new gimmick, and a new change bag.

(There was an egg "accident" with the last one, and they weren't foam rubber)

Get this, the change bag was only $10 at the warehouse. It's at Bazaar de Magia.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Is there any way foam eggs can make a connection with the egg bag?
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Ok I got the eggs. Set of four. A little different than I had imagined. Four will crush inside your fist and it will just look clenched.
A couple drawbacks: They need time to grow after being crushed all the way flat. They make a "noise" when rubbed against fabric, so you will have to be talking if you make the noise.

My Ideas so far:
1. The origional egg bag.Four egg production from a flat empty bag.
2. Spare production items. Change bag,square circle, Lewis cone, and others.
3.C&B if weights are inserted?

And several other more devious purposes that I will keep for myself.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
I bought the foam eggs, and from 5 feet away they look just like regular eggs. They compress small, and open quickly.

I have loaded mine into an egg bag and produced them one by one. They look great.

DonB! Smile
stephenbanning
View Profile
Regular user
United States
178 Posts

Profile of stephenbanning
Dan Garrett has a routine in which he walks on, forms his fingers into a triangle and an egg appears inside. There is a gimmick involved (not the t.t.) that I don't want to tip but Garrett has it on one of his booklets. It's a sharp and creative effect. His patter is intelligent as well.

Cheers,
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Who sells the Goshman eggs?

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It depends on what you want to do with them. If you follow the above posts, there are certain things they won't do. They aren't as compressible as some. And if you are doing the egg on the fan, they won't work at all.

Goshman products should be available at most of the full line dealers -- Stevens, Hocus-Pocus, etc. Try etc. first.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gosh foam eggs... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL