The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Monster Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
6 sets of large street cups in copper on ebay (mega cups). Just ordered a set, they look like a great deal at $99.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
$99? These look very much like the copper Magic Makers cups he usually sells, the same ones Penguin sells in brass. Bill Palmer has had dealings with this person before.

Large is a relative term. Size is about the same as Johnsons. They're nowhere near the size of the Jumbo cups we're talking about here.

FYI, RNT2 is selling six sets of real jumbo street cups. They're going for $275/set, not $99
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
These are apparently a different model to the small Penguin cups. These will take a baseball. Bill has posted about these here.

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
John,

Are you doing (only) streework? Would anyone use cups as large as those (3.85 inches in diameter!!!!) "indoors"?

I figure they're called street cups but then again ...

Thx,
C.
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hmmm, I'd like to hear about these too when someone gets their hands on them. I missed Bill's post as it was buried in the middle of the other cup discussion.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have a set of these Mega Street Cups coming. I am kind of ticked off at the seller, because he sent out an e-mail last week offering the same cup at $149, and now he is selling it on eBay at $99.

That's the same kind of thing Kaufman pulled with Expert Coin Magic a few years ago that got him into some trouble.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Christof,I am doing streetwork as well as indoor gigs. Cups as large as the ones referenced, no I probably wouldn't use them indoors close-up. I have various other sets of cups for that...mini brass,smaller than regular RNT's, Johnsons, Bazaar. In fact this will be my third set of street size cups. I have a Gazzo cup copy(maker unknown) and a set of Riser street cups. The Riser cups are so nice I hate to use them. I am becoming a cup junkie. At $99 I couldn't resist finding out what the cups Bill is referring to are all about. Hopefully I'll have them early next week. At $99 I'll be ok if they kiss the sidewalk now and then providing they have a little thickness to them.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have some sets of cellini cups that just came in.

I'm switching back to Cellini cups from Babes.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I just want HUGE Cups, I am thinking I'll have to make my own, add one more to the list. I hate my present cups, a mini fruit item is sad. I simply will not stand for it. No no no no no. I have a set of plastic drinking cups that would be perfect if they were 1/8" walled copper. 4" mouth 6" tall 3" top. I will just have them machined for me if I have to. and it seems I WILL have to.

I have big hands and very specific desires.

Thanks for the replies
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 04:03, Josh Riel wrote:
I just want HUGE Cups, I am thinking I'll have to make my own, add one more to the list. I hate my present cups, a mini fruit item is sad. I simply will not stand for it. No no no no no. I have a set of plastic drinking cups that would be perfect if they were 1/8" walled copper. 4" mouth 6" tall 3" top. I will just have them machined for me if I have to. and it seems I WILL have to.I have big hands and very specific desires.Thanks for the replies

Sounds like the Van Dokkum Monster cups may be what you're looking for: 6 inches tall and almost 6 inches in diameter. You can check them out at Bill Palmer's C&B on-line museum.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Josh, maybe you can send your drinking cup to Auke and he can make the same thing for you.

His monster's are 4 lbs. a piece. That's like doing the cups and balls routine with 3 bags of sugar.
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
3 bags of sugar. Sweet!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Auke makes a set of Chick Cups that would be about right for people who want a really big cup. They are somewhere between his jumbos and his Monsters. The Monster cups are not very practical for most performers.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
The chick cups are a about right size-wise, a tad expensive. I am sure the quality is great, But well out of my price range.

The Monster cups sound cool, But Maybe a little ungainly. One could use a small dog as a final load. They would be fun to play with.

Hey, Thanks to all for the help.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
296 Posts

Profile of geemack
It looks like Gary Animal has just released several new sets of large, heavy cups. There are even a few sets of his awesome Tall Thick Animals available. These are a bit larger and a lot heavier than even the PF Chick Cups.

Greg
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The Monster cups are much more expensive than the chick cups. They also weigh almost two kg apiece -- that's a little over four pounds each.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Hey Bill, can you do the elevator move with the Monster cups?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
No. I do the escalator move with them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Just got my Bosco Cups this morning!

I found them a week ago at a Internet magic shop I haven't visited in a while. They seemed too good to be true. A little research here, a visit to the museum (Thank you Bill) then I jumped.

Paid $80.00, that is nothing for what I received. Wonderful!

3" I.D. mouth, 4.5" tall, attic can hold one 1.25" ball. I'm best-guessing here, but I believe the set weighs around 1 pound. They didn't come with balls, so what?

I am exultant
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you use a 1 inch ball, you can do the three ball nest on top of them.

These cups have too little attic space for a 1.25 inch ball to be used at its best advantage. I haven't tried a 1 1/8 inch ball yet, but will soon.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Monster Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL