The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Monster Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1201 Posts

Profile of fortasse
For performance purposes, are Auke's monster cups usable without an assistant? Seems like it would take two hands to lift one of the cups. Either way, these cups must present some real challenges as far as the classical C&B routines are concerned?

Fortasse
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
They are not meant for performance. Auke has made two sets, mine and Piet Forton's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Actually my original desire was a 4" mouth and heavy as hell. I had seriously considered using my coin pail for a one cup routine (6" mouth). Mostly just because I never know when to quit.

However, while practicing with the larger size cups and pots I found that it was difficult to the point of foolishness. I am pretty strong, and I have rather large hands, but it was ridiculous.

The Bosco's are about as much as I could hope for. They will do anything a reasonable person could want. I just need to become a reasonable person!

I will repeat what Many here has said: Bills Cups and Balls Museum is a excellent resource for good C&B related information.

My only wish would be that is had cup spec.'s such as weight, Size etc. However since I am not funding it, I cannot really complain.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I would do that if I had started to do so earlier. However, with the number of cups that I now have, it would be a matter of several month's work to do so. However, anyone who wants to know the weights of one or two specific sets of cups, and their other dimensions as well is welcome to ask questions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

AndyComic
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of AndyComic
Probably a bit late as you have already made your purchase but we have cups almosy the size you want for about $100US , they are 9.5cm by 9.7cm wide. All products are on my web site.

Thanks,
Andy
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
It would help to post a link.

If you have cups that aren't in my museum, I would like to purchase some.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

aiki
View Profile
Regular user
Middletown NY
181 Posts

Profile of aiki
Bill,

Here is AndyComic's link

http://www.andycomic.com/products/showitem.php?item_id=3

Actually his kit comes with quite a bit of stuff. Check out the video, it shows him tossing around the cups a lot, something I would not do with an expensive cup. I wonder how well the cups hold up to the juggling of the cups that he does?

Andy what brand of cups are these?
Ray K.

Till we meet again!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The cups aren't listed separately. I have a feeling that the price for the kit is much more than $100 USD. The cups look very much like the large cups from Magic Makers. I'm curious as to the metal that they are made from.

The cups in the photo are brass, but the ones in the video are copper. He doesn't have a price for the kit posted on his web site.

Must not be in a hurry to sell them.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 10:48, AndyComic wrote:
Probably a bit late as you have already made your purchase but we have cups almosy the size you want for about $100US , they are 9.5cm by 9.7cm wide. All products are on my web site.

Andy - that's quite a bargain you're offering with free worldwide shipping and I'd be interested to knwo a bit more.

Do you mean $100 per cup or for the whole set? It would also be good to know a bit more about the 'design your own' cups: if they can come in different colors, are they the copper brass cups that have painted?

Thanks

Richard
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Well it is a tad late for me, but if the whole shebang that was in you site is $100 that's a good deal out of any metal assuming reasonable quality. if nothing else for a beginner who was into big stuff.

Another thing I never mentioned that you might have noticed on Mr. Palmer's Museum, is the cups are straight sided, not round. For my taste this is nice. The 3" final load looks a bit more impressive on a 2" cup (top). Just a visual thing.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Andy, the site doesn't seem to have the price listed. Is the kit in stock?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2006-08-09 14:26, Josh Riel wrote:
Well it is a tad late for me, but if the whole shebang that was in you site is $100 that's a good deal out of any metal assuming reasonable quality. if nothing else for a beginner who was into big stuff.

Another thing I never mentioned that you might have noticed on Mr. Palmer's Museum, is the cups are straight sided, not round. For my taste this is nice. The 3" final load looks a bit more impressive on a 2" cup (top). Just a visual thing.

The really impressive thing was the video. Those loads were particularly clean, except for the annoying "page flip" during the cuts. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have a video "cut" during problematic parts of our routines?

(not intended as criticism. just an observation.)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Well observed!

Nice move with the over-the-shoulder throw, though Smile
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Even better move with the over the shoulder catch!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Reallyy interested in those andy's cups. A very possible buyer here!
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Quote:
On 2006-08-10 14:32, Bill Palmer wrote:
Even better move with the over the shoulder catch!

That's the bit I have trouble with!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I guess he doesn't want to sell any cups.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Smile No responses in email either.
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I guess his kangaroo must have broken down.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Still nothing. This is getting very old. And so am I.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Monster Cups (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL