The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper - Burn speed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

citizenc
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of citizenc
I recently purchased some flash paper from a local shop. Works fine, except the burn speed is relatively slow. (A piece approximately the size of a playing card takes almost a full second to consume. More if folded.)

Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Or did I just get a "bad batch", if such a thing exists?

The paper itself feels a touch damp... perhaps that's it?
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
It's most likely because it's damp. You need to let it completely dry out before you use. They ship it damp for safey reasons. Just let it dry over night and it should burn much faster.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Postal regulations require flash paper to be damp in order to render it 'safe' for shipping.

Regan
Mister Mystery
citizenc
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
80 Posts

Profile of citizenc
I left them out overnight and that has solved the problem -- thanks!

This may be a weird question, but given that the flash paper still burns (albiet more slowly), what is the point of shipping it damp, exactly?
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I believe it's less likely to ignite in the heat or with a spark when it's damp. You have to hold it to a lighter to make it combust. So unless it caught on fire it would a lot safer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper - Burn speed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL