The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One-handed Retention of Vision Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
I've been working on developing a one handed retention of vision vanish for a silver dollar. I have worked it out and it looks pretty good.

The coin is in the hand, the hand closes, the opposite hand doesn't come with 10 inches of the hand with the coin, the spectator sees the hand closing over the coin, yet the coin disapprears to be found "somewhere else" with the opposite hand. No duplicate coins, no gimmichs, no sleeving.

I don't have a video of it yet, but wondered if anyone would want to see this. If so, I'm going to need some technical guidance on how to post it. I'm having it recorded on a digital video camera tomorrow.
wattomagic
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
68 Posts

Profile of wattomagic
Quote:
I don't have a video of it yet, but wondered if anyone would want to see this.

Oh yeah, If it looks as good as you described it. That would be awesome.

Chris
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Cp,

I'd like to see it too, sounds most interesting. Let me know.

-MB
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Does anyone know if this is a new sleight? It sounds almost too good to be true - love to see it!
walking_liberty
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of walking_liberty
I'd love to see it. If there are no dupe coins then the hands have to come close afterwards or at some point. But it sounds very interesting!
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
I'd love to see that too.

I'm not familiar with posting a video, but I know first you need to transfer the video file from your DV to your computer. Then you'll have to render it into a format which has a smaller file size, like .mpg, .wmv... etc. After that you need an internet space to place your file so others can get access to via browsers.

Or you can simply email the video to those who asks you. And I'll be the first one. Smile

Good luck.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
I'd be very interested too. If you have a video of it, PM me and I'll be happy to host it for you so anyone who is interested can download it.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Interested too!
Terrell
View Profile
New user
bladerunner35@yahoo.com
65 Posts

Profile of Terrell
I would DEFINITELY like to see it.
Terrell
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi Cpontz,
I would love to see your vanish..
I have a one handed vanish,, but there is no retention of vision,,, or burn..
do you get a burn with your one handed vanish????????
vinny

I will send mine to you so you can compare it with yours ,, anyone else that would like to see it just pm me
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Also eager to see what's up here. Ordinarily a retention of vision happens when you seen the fingers close over something that is being removed at that instant.

On the other hand, I have seem some folks use Silent Mora's vanish effectively. One person showed me a palm up handling with a wand in hand where they got a retention of vision of the ball (they used a small ball) in their hand as their fingers closed... both hands moved to their left and the Mora pass was done horizontally. Looked impressive.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I'm curious about how a 1 hand ROV can happen too.
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Thanks for all the feedback. In response to everyone’s questions:

Rutabaga: It is a new slight. I know a lot about coin magic, and I’ve never heard of anything like this. I developed it on my own. We taped it at lunch today on a digital video recorder. My friend Jay is converting the file to something I can email. If you PM me your email address, I’ll send you a copy of the video clip. I hope to be able to send it this weekend.

walking_liberty: If you PM me your email, I’ll send you a clip also. The hands don’t come within 10” of each other when it is done correctly.

info2victor: Thanks for the information. I’m going to email it to interested parties. If you PM me your email, I’ll send you a clip also.

Sirakorv: Thanks for the offer of hosting the clip, but as you can see I’ve decided to email it to interested parties. If you PM me your email, I’ll send you a clip also.

Vinny: I think you get a GREAT burn with this. I’ve PM'ed you. Thanks for your version – It was really well done.

Jonathan: Ordinarily a retention of vision happens when you seen the fingers close over something that is being removed at that instant. This is exactly what you will see when you see my clip. I PM’ed you.

Jaz: I PM'ed you also.

Thanks
Craig
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I would like to see it also. The only one-handed retention vanish I have seen/know is Geoff Lata's.
kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
Where is Latta's vanish?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Wow, sounds VERY interesting. Craig, I wouldn't mind seeing this too, if possible.

thanks.
Glenn
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Mm that does sound very good, looking forward to seeing the video!
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
I would be very pleased to see this also-it would seem to be a contradiction in terms ? One handed ????
catch you later

Clarioneer
Cpontz
View Profile
Special user
Daupin PA
553 Posts

Profile of Cpontz
Clarioneer: You got me there. The spectator only sees one hand being used, thus the "one handed ROV vanish". How would you phrase it?

Thanks

Craig
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-02-04 02:45, kramerica2010 wrote:
Where is Latta's vanish?

Are you asking about his one handed vanish that is used at the end of Kenner's "Three Fly" routine, his "French Pop"?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » One-handed Retention of Vision Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL