The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Gregory Wilson's 3/4 Across from his DVD 'On The Spot' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Feb.03/06

What The Audience Sees:

'This week Jamie showed us three quarters in his left hand. One at a time they magically transferred into his right!'

How It Went:

This seems to be titled, 'Open Palm Coins Across.' on the back of the DVD just to avoid any confusion...

Today was fantastic. I have to say, I often worry that my Magic Fridays are going to be viewed as too lenient because I seem to give a lot of tricks pretty high ratings but what can I say? This trick blew people away. I even chose to do this trick because I thought it wouldn't go over as well as last week's Hundy, but I was as wrong as can be.

It's taken me a fair while to be truly confidant with my Goshman and I'm proud to say that all the practice has paid off. Often, especially if I'm learning something brand new, I get the feeling of, 'Does practicing actually help?' I sometimes think that if I can't figure it out in a day then it must be impossible. That said, the Goshman is something that I've continued to work on over the last year and the difference is astounding. I can go in and out of it pretty quickly and am only sometimes paralyzed with panic that I'm going to drop it. That's the funny thing about being a magician- in some professions (like being a police officer) you would be terrified about getting shot. Us, we're on the verge of a mental breakdown if we drop a quarter on our foot. Luckily, that didn't happen today.

Best Lines:

"WHAT THE %$#%^?!?!" When people curse, especially in an office setting, I know I've got them.

"That is completely incredible."

"Unh." As if they were slapped across the face.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

Bob wasn't in today so I'm going to guess and say 5/5. Unless someone knows what a Goshman is, there's no way they're going to know how this is done. I doubt they could reconstruct the routine even if they knew... No one suggested any possible solution. Everyone, and that was about 100 people today, was stumped.

My Rating:

It kills me to have to say it, but 4.5/5. The only reason it gets docked half a point is because it took so much work to get it Perfect.

The JDG Tip:

Practice. The good old Goshman Pinch is a slight worth learning well. It's very easy to get lazy and flash, thereby killing a perfect trick within seconds. Be Vigilant!

Closing Thoughts:

Well, Greg came out amazing in the double header. With Hundy and 3/4 in your repertoire you should be on your way to changing people's lives...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Jamie D. Grant
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant » » Gregory Wilson's 3/4 Across from his DVD 'On The Spot' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL