The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to find matrix and chink-a-chink routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2462 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I am a huge fan of matrix and chink-a-chink routines. I have checked into the following sources for great routines, but I was wondering where I might find more that are good.
I have checked out:
Extreme Dean, Vol. 1 and 2
Matrix God's Way by Jason Born
Paul Gertner's Steel and Silver (book and videos)
Impossibilia (Bob Kohler's Two ahead is Better than One)

Any other resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4156 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
My two card reverse Matrix appears on my Knockout Coin Magic DVD. My Quadra Coin Reverse Matrix appears on my 1986 lecture DVD, available through me. My Ultimate Reverse Matrix appears on the COINVENTION DVD. David Roth's Chink A Chink, and a nice translocation effect by Mike Gallo appear on our new COINS ACROSS DVD. PM me for prices and ordering, or look for the threads elsewhere on this site.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS!
https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

Send inquiries to rubinsteindvm@aol.com

Available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Matrix is Al Schneider's routine and can be found in his booklet of that title. His routine was also published in an issue of Genii Magazine about ten years ago.

Chink-a-chink using coins can be found in David Roth's 1976-77 notes, later on in Harry Lorayne's magazine Apocalypse which has been reprinted in four volumes by L&L publishing, and again in David Roth's Expert Coin Magic by Richard Kaufman. Later on, Michale Ammar asked and got David Roth's permission to publish a version using a gaff and done on the floor called "Shadow Coins".
...to all the coins I've dropped here
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Doug Conn has one Chink-a-chink routine using scrable tiles (www.dougconn.com)
Mike Powers has a matrix with a boston boxx that's very nice (www.mallofmagic.com)
Tyler Corbin has a matrix that is very nice as well (www.corbinmagic.com)
All of them have videos in their webpages.
Hope this help you.
fbnc
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis
227 Posts

Profile of fbnc
David Neighbors who is a member(and a hell of a coin guy) here has some matrix routines in books that he has written.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
In addition to all the great routines mentioned above by our fabulous Café coins experts, I also like Daniel Garcia's chink-a-chink routine with no extra coin in his Project DVD.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
DARYL has a nice version too. So does John Kennedy (a mechanical device) and Shawn Farquahar (sp?).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2462 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks, so much. I'll have to check these suggestions out.
Gary Dayton
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
542 Posts

Profile of Gary Dayton
There is a very nice version of Chink-A-Chink in Stars of Magic by Mohammed Bey (Sam Horowitz) based on Malini's chink-a-chink routine.

Dingle developed a matrix routine worth considering called Four Coins in the Countin'. You can find it in Dingle's Deceptions and also the Complete Works.
modern_sorcery
View Profile
New user
Colorado
27 Posts

Profile of modern_sorcery
Pick up Michael Ammar's series. His coin and money magic videos has two matrix routines I think. Tom Mullica does a matrix with beer bottle tops in his impromtu series.
info2victor
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of info2victor
Chink-A-Chink is a very nice coin magic and I always do it whenever possible.

I first learnt that in David Roth's Tape Vol.1.

There is also one called knihc-a-knihc by Paul Cummins in his Up In Smoke DVD which includes an instant backfire phrase.
It only takes a minute to learn how it is done, but takes a lifetime to learn how to do it.

You've got a coin?
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Al Schneiders original routine is excellent.
Dean Dill has some fantastic variations.
Magic is fun!!!
Jonton
View Profile
Veteran user
New York City
336 Posts

Profile of Jonton
Quote:
On 2006-02-04 22:31, evolve629 wrote:
In addition to all the great routines mentioned above by our fabulous Café coins experts, I also like Daniel Garcia's chink-a-chink routine with no extra coin in his Project DVD.

Actually, I don't believe that it's on his project DVDs (but I could be mistaken). From what I had seen, he sells it as a separate effect called SH4DE. It's an amazing routine, almost like a tabled 4 coin flurry. VERY beautiful (and barehanded).

If you really want to start from scratch, learn either David Roth's on his Expert Coin Magic Made Easy Volume 1, or go WAAAAAAAAAAY back to the chink-a-chink in the Stars of Magic book.
~Jonton
I Came, I Saw, I Conjured
www.jontaylornyc.com
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
John Born also has a 3 DVD set out with Jason Dean...
It's made by Magic Makers... But is a pretty good set... Great value.
The names "Cutting edge Coins and Cards"...

It's got a Translocation effect with 2 backfires...and a Borrowed Quarter Matrix...
You end super clean in this Chink a Chink effect...
Your hand is not pinned to the tabel at the end of the effect...

Check it out.
Shawn.
Shawn.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
I have maybe 20 copies of Matrix God's Way left in print. Let me know if you are interested in the last available copies! I also have a few new sets of Cutting Edge Card and Coins...

John B. Born
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Dean Dill.

I consider Dean on the leading edge of the Matrix Plot.
His ideas are very creative. I recommend all his videos and books.
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
wattomagic
View Profile
New user
Sydney Australia
68 Posts

Profile of wattomagic
The David Roth Chink a Chink routine is fun to watch and easy to do. I love it!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27151 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2006-02-07 16:03, Eric Falconer wrote:
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Dean Dill.

I consider Dean on the leading edge of the Matrix Plot....

Where does Dean Dill to a four coin and four cover coin assembly?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Dean's Tonight Show Matrix is a coin assembly with 4 cards and "4" coins. He performed it on TV on Johnny Carson's show. I remember seeing it on TV when he first did it. I believe it's explained on his most recent DVD set (Extreme Dean).
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Yes it is. Dean's work has popularized the 4 coins in 4 corners plot enormously. You can't go wrong with them.
Just make shure you also read and study Al Schneider's original "Classic Matrix". It has essential insight on the "why's" of the plot. It has changed my view on matrix completely.
I performed matrix routines about a hundred times the last 5 days during a tradeshow. Just to amuse myself I did about 4 different versions. Al's original seemed to get the greatest responses...
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Where to find matrix and chink-a-chink routines (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL