The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Production and vanish base (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Are there any plans anywhere or other data on this particular style of base? I located it on magicauction.com. It has been sold but if it still appears on the site you will find it on this page......

http://www.magicauction.com/Mag_auc/ILUnknownBuilder_pg1.htm

Thanks for all of your work and help on this matter.....

Take care,

Bryan
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
It's sold and for a very cheap price. This base was awesomely built.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
You can say that again.....Awesome base!

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Yes, it is very nice. That's why I bought it from Magicauction when it was listed! SMILE!! I will let you know how good it is when it arrives.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
You are lucky that you bought it. I was going to but I don't think it would really have a use in my show and I'm running out of room! Please tell us how it goes. How do you plan on using this in your shows?

magically yours.
Magical Odyssey
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
Hello Lusion,

This is Lee, seller of the base you are talking about. I have had great success with it. I would like you to pm me very soon so I can tell you some more info about it.

The builder of this illusion gave me plans for this illusion. I now have the rights. I will sell them new for a price of $1,500. E-mail me if you want one and I'll custom build it for your assistant. Shipping not included.
zig zag illusion - $3,000
theater rental - $500
geting advice from othe magicians on the cafe - priceless
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
I have a few ideas on how I will place it in my summer show, but I could not pass it up and did not want to wait another week to watch it get taken. Lee I PM'ed you thanks! My ideas are running on how to use this and I have to say that I am a also a collector of illusions I will either add it or just keep them and try and teach the art of Performing to my Kids (the one that loves the stage) I incorporated in my show a sawing in half routine in which I use 2 different methods...my way which is the traditional (wakeling) and the modern way in which my daughter uses the sawing form creative illusions...its funny because the audience gets into it as we 'face off' father vs. daughter.
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
That's a great idea!
theater rental - $500
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
Sweet!
theater rental - $500
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2006-02-06 08:36, magicleland wrote:
This is Lee, seller of the base you are talking about. I have had great success with it. I would like you to pm me very soon so I can tell you some more info about it.

The builder of this illusion gave me plans for this illusion. I now have the rights. I will sell them new for a price of $1,500. E-mail me if you want one and I'll custom build it for your assistant. Shipping not included.

Forgive me for being the little boy who hollered out " The Emperor has no Clothes" but isn't this simply a M***** Table? And if so ...how can anyone have exclusive rights for it? Maybe there is something special about it? If so let us know.

Best,

Tim
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Tim's absolutely right. At least that's what it looks like and in that case the rights issue...hhhmmmm. If it has novel features, please let us know.
Sent from my Typewriter
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
It looks to me like it just uses the principle that Noth Bigbee used in Tops treasury hence the back cloth in the photo. I could be wrong though.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
I do have rights for this version of the effect. As for the gimmck, It's a secret!
theater rental - $500
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I, along with Timothy Drake, believe that it is a m***** table/base, so I am a bit confused here........

Take care,

Bryan
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Well...I guess we will have to wait for Lusion's review when he gets it. There is of course nothing wrong with a good ol M***** table. There are lots of uses for such a prop and many are being used today in magic. My only point was that if it indeed is then there can be no "rights" to it as its very old and in just about every magic book in print today. If there is a new twist to an old effect then I'd love to hear more. Not about the gimmick but about what it allows you to do that regular M***** tables don't.

Best,

Tim
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Magicleland,

I just had a look at your profile and see you are a young magician. I'm thinking maybe we had a miscommunication. Maybe you are saying that you have the plans for this and this give you rights to build more. I had mistakenly thought you were saying that this was a "new illusion" effect and that you had exclusive rights to this effect.

For someone of your age you look like you have a pretty good start in promoting skills regards your career. Your offer to build these props for $1500 say that you are an entrepreneur as well. I wish you well and will hope to see your name in lights some day.

Best,

Tim
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
What I mean is I have design rights to it. It is custom built piece by a carpeter that said he had no reason to keep the rights of design for herself. After charging me $2,000 for it. She gave the plans and design rights to me. She had no way to market it so she said I can give it a go.
theater rental - $500
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2448 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Design rights? - Umm ok!

How many ways can you redesign a hanky?

Likewise, how many ways can you redesign a M***** table?

What is so "exclusive" in the design of this table that hasn't been used in most of the others?

I wish you luck, but I personally think you are trying to copyright thin air!

Chris.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
In all fairness to our young friend I think the builder of the prop took advantage of him and sold him more than a prop for his $2000. Too bad...$2000 is an expensive lesson.
Best,

Tim
magicleland
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of magicleland
The particular way it looks is exclusive. Other than the Kunundrum Kube , I personely have't heard of any better comments of about looks that the base is getting. That's what make it exclusive looks and design.
theater rental - $500
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Production and vanish base (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL