The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Confirmation letter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I have been thinking of using a confirmation letter instead of a contract for Birthday shows only (still contracts for the rest)

I think it might be less intimidating to the Mom's. Still think I should ask for a deposit whenever possible.

Thoughts?
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Neale,

For Mom's, I think you are being very considerate of the intimidation factor of contracts. Likewise, you are giving the talent buyer confidence that the event will happen as planned.

Count me as one vote in favor of your thinking. I like it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7410 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Neale -

That's what I've been doing (with the exception of collecting deposits). Confirmation letter for birthdays, and contract / invoice for all other shows.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
macmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
MA
400 Posts

Profile of macmagic
Hello , I usually call them invoices! sometimes even daycares etc. get a little weird about "contracts"!
if it is corporate or a fair then contract is what they will usually request!
"Its a magic thing...........you wouldn't understand"
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Reword "contract" to "Reservation Form". It's a lot less intimidating.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I just can't understand why anyone would have a problem issuing or signing a contract. It is nothing more than an agreement of what you get from them & what they get from you. It makes sure that there are no arguments after the fact about who said what or promised what.

A contract just makes sure that everyone is in agreement. Nothing more nothing less.

When I am the customer, I will not work with anyone work without a contract. When someone does not want to issue or sign a contract, it sends up red flags for me & I won't do business with them.
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
I left this out. When you send them a confirmation letter & don't ask them to sign it, only you are obligated to fulfill the contents of the letter, they have no such obligation.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I also send out a confirmation letter for b-day parties and a full contract for any of my larger shows. It just works out really well for me. It helps to ease the customers mind when they are receiving a nice letter from me that basically states the facts and details of their event. They can just read it over and basically make sure that the who, what, when, why, where and how are all answered and accurate.

It not only makes me look priofesisonal in the eyes of the client, but gives them the chance to make sure everything is ready to go. This in turn eases their mind and adds perceived value for you.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Confirmation letter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL