The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Fest Reviews? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
Hey Micheal, if you figure out the Conover phone book mystery, let me know!!!

I also want to add that I attended not only as a magician, but also as a high school teacher. I have a Magic Club at the school and brought four of the students along for the convention. They were up at 7 am every morning and didn't go to their rooms until well after midnight. When they weren't attending lectures or performances, they were out in the lobby area sitting and learning from the pro's. Thanks to guys like Tom Craven and others who spent hours with them, patiently going through the paces and showing them stuff. What a great experience for these kids. They loved it and want to come back next year.

All the best,

Rob
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Oh yeah! That much talent in one place at one time was incredible. Hightlights for me: Williamson and Carney. But, overall, some of the best talent closeup AND stage I've seen at the magi-fest.

How bout those guys from Germany?

Was there a "hot" item from the dealers room this year? If there was, I missed it.
SBogunia
View Profile
New user
Niles MI
42 Posts

Profile of SBogunia
Yes Jason the balloon sculpture ended up in from of my door you suck!!!
I can not believe you got me again!!!!!!!I have the card in my office and will never take it down!! that way I will never forget and IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

Magifest was a blast!!!!

jason you suck!!!
dreid007
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dreid007
I thought the kid who won jr stage was better than salwak what a classact he had and he was great in closup also
dreid
magician211
View Profile
New user
Key West, FL
63 Posts

Profile of magician211
Magi-fest was a big blast! It was my first time and I got to see top notch acts. Junge-Junge had a great act. David Williamson was well David Williamson. If you haven't seen him then your missin out. The dealers room was nice too. This was a great first-time Magi-fest for me and I'm hoping to go from now on.
Christian
"Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." Gene Wilder
The Mirror Images
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan/USA
1980 Posts

Profile of The Mirror Images
Sean,

I believe some one got a video of it or a picture. That was to funny.

Still waiting for the card?? Check the batteries (wink wink)

Michael
Steven and Michael, The Mirror Images
The MOST Identical Twin Illusionist
http://www.themirrorimages.com
Check out our latest new effect
- Liquid Steel NEW
- MotoBox NEW
- MotoMation NEW
- Voyager
mstick85
View Profile
Regular user
Gahanna, Ohio
151 Posts

Profile of mstick85
I was a first timer to Magifest this year, and so I had no past experience to go by. But I will say that I thought the good was:

Friday night headliners-They were all good! Kohl and Co were cracking me up!

Big Six Close-up- John Carney and Tim Conover stood out in my opinion.

Contests- Who won the Sr. Stage? Was it the last act-the guy who dropped the bowling ball from the ceiling? That act was entertaining to me!

The Dealer Room

Pitch and Sell

Just walking around seeing who all was there: I saw Troy Hooser, Tim Wright, Dan Watkins, Mike Powers, and who knows who all else that I didn't even recognize!

I thought John Carney was an incredibly nice guy, and while I only talked to him for a brief minute in the dealers room, I'll bet he's the kind of guy that would sit and talk to you for awhile. Just my impression. He had some helpful ideas in his lecture, too. Just seemed like an overall great guy.

And although a guy from the local SAM meetings pointed out Steve Kline to me, and Steve had personally invited me to look him up, at the time Steve was wheeling some equipment down the hallway, and I didn't want to take up his busy time. Sorry I missed out, Steve.

And Doomo, sorry I missed meeting you too. Perhaps next time, or if you attend the Westerville SAM meetings, I'll run into you at one of those...

Overall, I would say Magifest was a great first-time experience for me.

One more thing. There are a lot of talented magicians out there if the contests were any indication!

Mark
"Go Browns!"
JasonDean
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of JasonDean
Bogunia,
Two times!!!
As far as the balloon sculpture is concerned I have no iidea what you're talking about.
Lee Asher
View Profile
V.I.P.
495 Posts

Profile of Lee Asher
Here are some photos from the load-in of the main show...

http://www.cardma.com/magifest06

You will be in a parent directory -- just click on an image name to view.

Enjoy ‘em...

Asher

ps. Sorry there are no pics (which can be shown) of the Stevie K. party! You will just have to be there next time!
LEARN ONE CARD ROUTINE EVERY MAGICIAN MUST KNOW
Click Here To Get Started Right Away
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
LETS THANK THE LORD FOR THAT !!!:)
Lee, thanks for taking the time to do all the photos during the weekend - for those who don't yet know it -Lee actually took the time out of his vacation weekend to hang with us to document all that goes into loading in and setting up a show.
I'm digging the ultimate power shot ! I think I was talking to my mom telling her that everything is ok and that the decision to become a magician/producer was a good one !
As far as the party goes - the roast was a blast - I am blessed to have such good friends that wanted to take a jab or two.
Doomo - I was wrong..you are a nice guy ! Smile
Looking forward to doing all again....why wait until next feb - anyone got a location ?
Steven Kline
<BR><BR>www.stevenkline.com
<BR><BR>www.stevenklineproductions.com
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Steve,

Why are you lying and saying there are no photos of your party????? I found this one online no problem. It looks like a blast.

http://www.timothydrake.ca/klineparty.jpg

Best,

Tim
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Lol,lol,
That is funny.
A class by himself.
Justin Miller
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
Here we go....
Some peple have WAY too much time on their hands....
I gotta go produce a tour.

PS - that is pretty funny, however, do you see the door at the back of the room - the party is through THAT door! You must have gotten the bogus invite - jokes on you ! Smile
Tell 'em Jason !
Steven Kline
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Steve,

For some reason I thought you'd say that. ( I can't deny its true ) However... I owed you one if you remember. ( for a little joke you played on me regards what you were going to say to a certain someone at magic fest )

Best,

Tim
Kline
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Kline
I'm with ya !
The picture was pretty funny though !
Steven Kline
Follow me on Twitter
@steveklinemagic
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
What a blast!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
Tom Frank
View Profile
V.I.P.
industrial Strength Magic
489 Posts

Profile of Tom Frank
Sorry I missed it. Sounds like a good time. . . as always!

TF
BAH1313
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio
445 Posts

Profile of BAH1313
Tom, I'm sorry to hear about your Ma. My condolences.
I am truly blessed to have a job where people are laughing all the time and everyone believes in magic....Come to think of it, I'm blessed to even have a job.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I did not make it this year. What was the phone book prediction by Tim Conover that was mentioned? What made it different?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Fest Reviews? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL