The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New version of the Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Hi all,
I went to the local magic store the other day to get a source for the Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic, and the store's owner said it was out of print, but that they were releasing a new version of it with more effects. Is that accurate? Does anyone know...
John LeBlanc
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
524 Posts

Profile of John LeBlanc
Todd Karr, The Miracle Factory, has been working on an updated, expanded edition. Release date? When it's ready, I suppose is the best answer. I'll just send Todd a blank check and trust he'll put the appropriate numbers where they belong and deposit it when the time comes.

John
Escamoteurettes, my blog.

"One thought fills immensity." -- William Blake
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Looking forward to its release. Thanks John.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2038 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
As in, Martin Gardner's Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic? That would be wonderful news indeed...
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
The question is when. I'm ready to buy! Smile
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Hi, folks. Martin has just sent us a new introduction for the book and notes on some of the sections. We're incorporating decades of Martin's files of additional bits and more surprises...no release date yet!
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Just checking back in on this thread to see if any new information has come up as to the release date of this book in the last month. If anyone has information please post it.

THANKS,
Mark Storms
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Rajat Mittal
View Profile
New user
London
98 Posts

Profile of Rajat Mittal
In the introduction to the original book, Martin mentions that he would have liked to cross-index many of the effects (many effects using knifes can also be done with pens for instance). I always wished that someone could do this, as it would enhance the book significantly. Would anyone know if this might be attempted in this version?

Also, with a book with so many effects, removing the not-so-good material is as important as adding new stuff. Would some of the effects be filtered as well?
Josef Huettner
View Profile
New user
Regensburg (Germany)
10 Posts

Profile of Josef Huettner
Any news on this book?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5379 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2007-03-31 12:50, Josef Huettner wrote:
Any news on this book?

At the bottom of this page:
http://www.miraclefactory.net/

You can even pre-order the signed, limited edition.
Fingers_Fidge
View Profile
Regular user
England
123 Posts

Profile of Fingers_Fidge
Hi

Will the deluxe version be the only version available or will there be a Non Limited unsigned edition available for us poorer Magicians !!!

Cheers
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5379 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Todd will likely chime in, but I beleive I read somewhere that the regular edition is in the $100 - $150 range.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New version of the Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL