The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Win the crowd by Steve Cohen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Has anybody read the above?
Or seen any reviews?
TJ
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
Read it from cover to cover, initially thought it was an okay book, however I then saw Steve Cohen perform and it was really not my cup of tea. So it made me think that he writes a good book but doesn't in my opinion practice what he preaches..

I feel there are far better performers out there who really understand how to win the crowd.

Some handly hints and ideas, but Maximum Entertainment is far better..

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I thought the book was excellent. Starts out slow but builds into some great practical advice. I think I actually gained more from this book than Maximum Entertainment. I guess it depends on the person.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
I have read Win the Crowd, It was okay I wasn't that impressed. If I can recommened a really good book, one that I bought round about the same time: How to persuade people who don't want to be persuaded, by Joel Bauer & Mark Levy

Franklin
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
I have read Win the Crowd, I was expecting a better book .It's ok though.

Regards
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Or one can watch Gladiator "Win the crowd, Spaniard".... of course, this might involve too much blood in gladiator-mentalists battling for the mob
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
Win the Crowd contain the secrets of WHY magic works...something not many magicians understand...
yes, I wanted it to be a little more specific about certain topics but I really think magic enthusiasts should read this book.
Andrew Richmond, I saw Steve Cohen perform and I disagree with you. He's one of the best showmen I've ever seen (what made you think he doesn't practice what he preaches?) . The entire audience was througly entertained.

And Maximum Entertaiment deals with different topics.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
fred200
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of fred200
I star to read this book a couple of days ago and so far is a good book,easy to read and with some interesting exercise's.
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
Thanks for all the advice
TJ
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Y'know if you google "Social Constructivism" and read some papers on that adult educational theory - you'd have some amazing insights into working with any size group once you change the term learner->participant
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I just ordered my copy on Amazon...and at about $4 a copy. At these remaindered prices, stock up on gifts for your friends!

Steve spontaneously did Intercept for us at Mindvention. Real magic, and almost inspirational. Masterful. Now, this comment is before reading the book, but after seeing him perform, I'd pay attention to anything he said or wrote.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
Tom,

Thanks! At that price you can't go wrong!
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
"Win the Crowd" is a must read. There are gems in there you go back to, like you do in Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties." The index at the back of the book is incredibly valuable. Just look for advice on a certain topic and turn to the page.
You gotta get it. It'll help turn you into a performer, not just somebody who does some tricks.

fib
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
You guys have got me thinking about re-reading it? Maybe I missed something first time round. I must admit I had Maximum Entertainment at the same time and was really pushed into reading that more thoroughly due to the great reviews it gets..

Wheres that book...

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
teejay
View Profile
Inner circle
Liverpool, UK
1831 Posts

Profile of teejay
The direction of thought is changing
That US price is tempting but the postage....
LOL
TJ
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
*** - you got me so curiosu I bought the book Smile....!!! Now to wait until it arrives
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Win the crowd by Steve Cohen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL