The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn or Teller trashes magicians on "Bernie Mac." (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2704 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2006-02-08 15:03, Reis O'Brien wrote:
They're not lying... Magicians are geeks and nerds. Sorry to say it, but it's true. We're right up there with comic book collectors and Dungeons & Dragons fanatics. I mean, think about it... Have you ever heard of a "magic groupie"?

But we're a step up from the Pokemon crowd!

Quote:
On 2006-03-08 22:32, pepka wrote:
I do card tricks. I play jazz trombone. I watch cartoons at age 31. I love computers. I'm a freaking nerd. I can't quote Monty Python the way most nerds do, but I'm a nerd nonetheless.

If you can't quote the Dead Parrot sketch, word for word, you can't call youself a nerd!

Actually, I can't quote the Dead Parrot sketch word for word, but I do know "Who's On First?"
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Abbott and Costello; WAAAAYYYYY funnier than Python.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2704 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
No. Just as funny in a different direction.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
What else could you expect from a loudmouth want to be hot shot like Penntell. Seriously, their joke tv show needs to go back to high school english and take a quick lesson on logic. Saying the "f" word a hundred times doesn't make yah cool mannnnn.

/my thoughts.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Quote:
On 2006-03-23 08:35, tian_ci wrote:
What else could you expect from a loudmouth want to be hot shot like Penntell. Seriously, their joke tv show needs to go back to high school english and take a quick lesson on logic. Saying the "f" word a hundred times doesn't make yah cool mannnnn.

/my thoughts.

You know, they explained why they do that in one of their first shows. Apparently calling them liars and con men would present legal liabilities, but calling them a**holes and motherf**kers doesn't. And they make sense to me. People take that they say way too seriously, or magicians do anyway. I didn't see anything wrong with what he said on Bernie Mac. Yes I think that every magician here is a geek, including me. I think I remember Bernie saying that Jordan got that girl through some power he described as "The Mac". Penn said girls like 3 things, money, shiney things and magic. And Jordan didn't have any money or shiney things so it must have been the magic that got him the girl.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Penn or Teller trashes magicians on "Bernie Mac." (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL