The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Funky features to put in a jacket for coin stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Great ideas guys.
thanks very much. I wanted to post the same topic yesterday .Smile

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
423 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
If you're going to be wearing a jacket anyway, you may want to wear suspenders too since they wont be visible... Can anyone say Dan Sylvester's Suspended Dimension? Great for coin vanishes, a topit system without a jacket.
Scott Baird
Insta @magicbaird
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Whatever you do, make sure it still fits well and doesn't sag or stick out anywhere.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
If you do get the pants fixed, rig them so you can do a Flydini routine! Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
102 Posts

Profile of liljay510
Pants are a good topic...look into Garrett Thomas's work. It can apply to shorts as well and we all know every one wears one or the other when performing.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3618 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
[quote]On 2002-11-21 11:00, Alex W. wrote:
Quote:
Regarding topits, where can I get a good pattern for one? I know Michael Ammar has one on sale at his website, but is it a very good one?

Alex,
Have you ever known Mike Ammar to sell ANYTHING that wasn't a VERY good one? Smile

His design won him a FISM championship and Magician of the Year at the Magic Castle before he published his work on the thing in the Topit Book. It's unloadable in a very causal way and designed so you can take off your jacket and put it back on (hooking up as you do) so that there are not safety pins to bother with.

I agree with Corey about the inside opening for the breast pocket so you can unload that when you reach for a pen or some such thing.

I'd also recommend having some elastic droppers for jumbo coins, or balls put into the hem just behind the leg. Sort of where Jerry Andrus used to keep his clip for Miser's Miracle.

Sounds like a great gift.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4834 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea Most of the time I can Get the Jscket Cheap! It the tailoring the cost so much! Smile!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1059 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
Quote:
On 2007-10-19 15:15, liljay510 wrote:
Pants are a good topic...look into Garrett Thomas's work. It can apply to shorts as well and we all know every one wears one or the other when performing.

Yes! Garrett does some amazing magic with his special pants. Really is imaginative. Anyone who does not wear a jacket (or does) should really check this out... an excellent tip.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Funky features to put in a jacket for coin stuff (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL