The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Levitations. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
Since there are so many personal levitations out on the marked, I was curious to which you have tried, and which you perform?

F.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Fengenroll,

I'm a big fan of self levitations. I have Peter Loughran's "Elevator", and I think its a very clever principle and cool looking levitation. Balducci and King Rising would also have my vote.

I also hear good things about the "Icarus Effect" - It does look pretty stunning.
However, The Icarus Effect as wel as Angels' version reminds me of a Self levitation I saw from Adrew Jacobs, a couple of years ago. I believe it was called "Antigravity".

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I have seen almost every self levitation on the market. I think the Icarus Effect and Angels versions are superior to others. But each has it's place.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
282 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Peter (and Dmann),

I've purchased "Zero Gravity," and "King Rising," and am familiar with the Balducci. I'm wondering if you can share, without disclosing anything, what are the strengths and weakness of the Icarus Effect and Elevator.

For example, I could say that the King Rising and Balducci have the advantage of being impromptu. The downside is that the angles are pretty tight. Zero Gravity is not impromptu, you need to spend the better part of an afternoon making up the gimmick, and you need to have the gimmick (if I may call it that) "on" to perform it. The positive side is that the angles are better.

Anyway, Zero Gravity and King Rising are very low cost. I purchased them but don't use them. If I laid out the big bucks for Icarus or Elevator 1 or 2, would these be practical enough to really use?
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Davekilpatrick,

I can only speak for the "Elevator", as I don't own the "Icarus effect". I might want to check Icarus out soon, as I think the illusion looks pretty stunning.

Peter Loughran's Elevator is a VERY clever and awesome looking levitation, which is PRACTICAL as well as for "Real World" situations. In my opinion the angles are better then the Balducci and King Rising, which is always a plus. The only downside that I can come up with, would be the "Balance" issue. Some serious practice IS required. In addition, his new "Elevator 2" seems to cover the balance issue pretty much. I'm not sure though.

All in all, I think that the "Elevator" is one of the most PRACTICAL Self-levitations out there. I would say "Fly" for it!

Hope this helps.

Best,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
282 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
Yes, it helps. But one more question. Could I do this in a show with the audience straight ahead?
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Yes Smile

For more detailed information you might want to contact Peter Loughran directly. He's also a member of the café, an a very helpful guy.

Best,

Peter

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Levitations. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL