The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to store it!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
To the creative minds,
I have always been a collector of gimmicks and now that I have the space I'd like to rescue my retired gimmicks from boxes, trunks and junk drawers. The question remains, who knows of secure and practical storage solutions for these gadgets? I would like to display them (dust free) visually and still have access to them.

Thanks,
Kregg
POOF!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
For me, I'd take a lot at your local magic store(s) and see how they display them. You may get some ideas.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
neoreform
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of neoreform
Glass cases are the best. I have seen some great collections in regular display cases. You can get great deals on these by checking out "going out of business" sales from many different stores. Good luck!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Kregg,
Depends if you want a place to store them for easy access or display as mentioned above. My wife bought me for Christmas a great storage cabinet like the ones you see in an automotive garage only this was made out of maple. "BEAUTIFUL" The drawers are felt lined. The base unit has various drawer sizes and depths and the top unit has smaller drawers with a large storage box at the top with a lid. Everything can be locked. I just like looking at it. She purchased at COSTCO it was approx $330.00 . Worth every penny. It even has casters to roll around. I'm enjoying organizing everything. Can you tell I like my new cabinet??

They should have a website to take a look at this thing. It is PERFECT for magic stuff. I think I'll go organize something now!!!
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Here is a link of the storage box I was talking about:
http://www.madisonartshop.com/madisonart......idc.html

The top box does not show all the drawers because of the design. You just flip the cover down and and the drawers are revealed plus now you have a small table.
The price was much less at Costco. For those that are interested.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
That's a nice cart.

Thank you all for your wonderful idea's. I'm leaning in the direction of a map drawer coffee table (glass top?) and will have to build one with features based on your post.

Thanks,
Kregg
POOF!
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
The problematic part is the 'display'. Here are some ideas that may work: Some cigar humidors have glass tops AND drawers for items that you may not want to show. Most also lock! Look on Google for 'jewlry display'. There are portable cases used in trade shows that lock and are glass topped and are probably the perfect size in most cases. Best,
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Where to store it!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL