The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Canary vs. Parakeet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Hi, I'd like to use canaries in the orange, lemon, egg routine as well as some other routines that I am planning. What are the pros and cons in using canaries vs. parakeets? Is one harder to work with than the other? Is the canary more fragile than the parakeet? Are you limited in what you can do with one or the other? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Bryan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bryan,

There was a time when magicians used canaries because parakeets were not available. Having raised parakeets commercially, I would still recommend the canaries and I know nothing about them!

I tried using parakeets for several years. Frankly, I think I would prefer Black Widow Spiders to parakeets! My experience with them was very poor.

Of course, I don't recommend the spiders either. LOL

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
Thanks Bob. I was hoping I'd get a experienced and respected person as yourself to lean towards the canary, because that is what I was leaning towards as well. I really like the way they look and stand out so I would have been disappointed if you would have suggested a parakeet.

Take care,

Bryan
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Thanks Bryan,

Flattery will get you everywhere!

Enjoy your magic.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Canary vs. Parakeet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL