The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Forcing a 6 digit number (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
What seemingly inocuous method could you employ to force a six digit number i.e a telephone number?

would I have to have a specific number in mind and then figure out a way to force it?

Or is there a formula that can be easily adapted?

Thanks,

Corona
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Our phone numbers have at least seven digits.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Well ours don't
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do you know the number ahead of time or are you forcing a number that occurs durring the performance?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
The number will be known ahead of time.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5156 Posts

Profile of landmark
Add-a-number pad.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Check out Brandons post here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30
It's a card trick force of seven numbers but you could modify it I think.....?
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
2 viable methods there.

Thanks for the link slim that's an interesting thread.

Perhaps I was becoming a little lured by the sirens of mathematical equations.

I think I probably answered the question myself as the answer (to use some math ju ju) would be to start with the number and break it down to smaller forced numbers i.e in pairs, then 3 different people could form the number and a fourth make the call.

thanks,

and excuse me for thinking aloud.

Corona.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
There is a way to force any number you want on an ungimmicked scientific calculator. A few people enter random numbers, another hits the = key and BANG, the force number pops up as the total. Call Harry at Daytona Magic.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
That method is on a thread here but I don't have the time to find it. So call Harry and tell him......Hey, Corona lives in Liverpool!
There is a thead about it somewhere on the Café.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Quote:
On 2006-02-09 21:50, Pit Boss wrote:
There is a way to force any number you want on an ungimmicked scientific calculator. A few people enter random numbers, another hits the = key and BANG, the force number pops up as the total. Call Harry at Daytona Magic.

I like this idea.
Do you mean if I ring him up he'll tell me down the phone? (as long as I'm polite that is).

And Slim I didn't know there was a thread about me being from liverpool ; )

all the best, Corona
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17860 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I just talked to Harry. I may go by and see him a little later today. He said that the effect is on one of his DVD's. He said that it's really clean.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
It looks great, nothing happens that wouldn't normally happen when genuinely adding up several numbers on a calculator. And, being that the calculator is ungimmicked you could borrow one (as long as you had a few seconds with it alone before the performance).
I think Daytona sells this for around $30.00 and though it comes with a calculator, keep in mind you are paying for the secret for the most part.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Thanks pit boss,

My cuffs are a little frayed right now, but it sounds like a great idea, maybe I can figure it out from here ; )

Corona
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1815 Posts

Profile of wally
Who sells the best add a number force pad, I live in uk.
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
For me it is the kozar pad
look here: http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic21383.php
they give a link to a UK seller as well http://www.world-of-magic.co.uk/
hope this helps

N.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24306 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Psi-Kalc is the latest doodad. It is perfectly normal looking, but forces whatever number you need for it to, up to 8 or 9 digits. A telephone number would be no problem.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4768 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
You could use a forcing matrix and have the spect. add the numbers at the end with a calculator.
Scot Cram provided this excellent link on constructing one and and how it works:

http://www.deceptionary.com/aboutmatrices.html
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Larry, make sure that people understand that the page to which you link is Doug Dyment's page, who deserves all the credit for the work! I don't want to step on any toes.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4768 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Good point. Doug did a great job explaining the force. Thanks again Scott for bringing us that link.

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Forcing a 6 digit number (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL