The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q & A Idea using slate of mind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Hello peoples

In order to understand this post you must know what Q & A and the gimik "Slate of Mind" is

Here is an idea for a Q & A routine or method (without going into methods too much)

It is a pre show write on the cards and collect them

(gees this is tough writing my idea with out revealing info)
When you get access to your cards you slip them into (or copy onto a piece of paper and insert them into a "SLate Of Mind Board-- this way you don't have to remember anything (good for me)

it's angle proof, you can show the board around, and do all the traditional Q & A routines.

I'm gonna get one- plus even if the Q & A doesn't seem to work- it's a good book test anyway

what are peoples thoughts?

Dave
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Please give a reference to Slate of Mind. I take it that this isn't the classic 'Slate of Mind' trick with the 3 cards on each side, under the rubber bands. Is there now another effect with this name?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Slate of Mind = http://www.taylorsmagicshop.com/prod567.htm

The slate is gimiked - recently a post of mine was removed becuase I explained how a thing worked.

The slate of mind is a Mini Black board which alows you to hide info on the board essentially so it can be shown front and back with the flick of your thumb- very well made piece and I was thinking of substituting the Book words and loading in the Q & A info- I'll need to rewrite the Cards onto an A4 paper then load in- but this can be done in before the show.

I just bought the EZ Q & A DVD - the fact that you have to remember stuff was a real turn off - I can imagine someone writting down a very large number and me forgetting it- the slate of mind would be used to jog your memory or you can just get it all of the board.

on a personal note The EZ Q & A should be called EGO Q & A - wow that guy has an ego
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Yes, the guy does have an ego, but in private conversation he is very open and giving. Maybe, just maybe the ego is deserved.

Your talking about the third volume of the DVD series? I have volumes 2 and 3 on order, I didn't order volume 1 because it reads to just be the video tape moved to DVD. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Tony
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Not sure about vol 1

I know there is preshow so I stayed away from it- yet there is pre show in the 3rd one too- pity I can't return it.

Ego and he puts down manipulators as in card manipulators and he says it with such and ego----as a card manipulator I find that he is insulting- every form of entertainment has it's place in the events industry to ridicule or put down a form of entertainment shows disrespect and lowers himself- he has been around for a while and should know better.

BUT what about the Slate of Mind Idea- I just bought it and I can tell you it's going to be fantastic- I can't wait (welll I'll practice a bit more before I perfrom but I am looking forward to it)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
It sounds like a good idea.

Doesn't that require preshow work though? If I've read it correctly, you are recording information before the performance for the performance.
To be quite honest, the idea you put forth using the slate has a lot of possibilities! You can have any information you might need for an effect readily available: The key for the drawing duplication from PME, sample magic squares, the sequence of a stack... You have really hit upon a really nice tool.

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Q & A Idea using slate of mind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL