The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Brain & Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
I don't know if this has been posted before, but does anyone know what exactly goes on in the brain when a subject is under hypnosis?

I've read a number of NLP books:- Patterns I, Tranceformations, Hypnotic Language, Structure & use etc. etc. So I know how it can be induced - but my question is what, specifically to the brain, occurs in the subject???

I'll be very impressed if anyone can give specific answers to 3 categories - Stage / Therapy / Covert (Erickson Handshake etc).

I'm happy for any answer, but specific answers to these 3 would be really good!
Sparrow in a barrow.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19727 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you want answers you have to ask the right question.

What I mean with all due respect is that "stage" is not a recognised catagory of hypnosis.

Neither is "therapy". Let alone "covert".

Lots of things have been written about the stages of hypnosis.

Are you talking about what phases of hypnosis you need to do "stage" work? and "theraputic" work?

The answer is what level of halucinations you are looking for. The "deeper" for lack of a better term, they are the more they can experience.

So please clarify so we can help you more. Are you looking for what happens to the brain at spacific trance "depths"? I just want to know if I am answering the right question is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pasq
View Profile
Elite user
Lance Rench-Hausen.
417 Posts

Profile of Pasq
Alright, don't worry, I've lost interest to be honest. P.
Sparrow in a barrow.
Sam Griffin
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
170 Posts

Profile of Sam Griffin
Lol
"When we are on stage, we are in the here and now."
"The eye is the window of your soul."

"The PERFORMER must BELIEVE in everything that takes place on the stage, only then will the AUDIENCE BELIEVE!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19727 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sorry to have done that to you, but when you ask complicated questions, you get complicated answers. Not my fault now is it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Brain & Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL