The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Side Steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Olszanski
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Olszanski
Hom much side steal do you use? I love the method, but worry about card talk and stiff hand posture. What other method for peek card control do you use?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I use my Squeeze palm technique control... which can also be used as a multiple shift,. I have discussed this in other threads....
For me this technique is far superior than the side steal and it is silent.
If you or anyone else who has not seen this technique pm me with e mail address and I will send a demo with the explanation....
vinny
the godfather of magic
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I notice the sound when I'm practicing, but it has never given the move away during performance. Same with the top change. I guess when you're talking and moving, and if you do it on an off beat, a little "Fffft" is no big thing. I almost always follow with riffling the ends, maybe the sound (if noticed) get attributed to a get ready for that.

As long as your face and body don't look suspicious you'll be ok.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
If you want to control a card from a spectator peak I'd either a) peak the card as I offer them the deck to shuffle and then control the card or b) Purchase Paul Cummins new DVD on the sidesteal.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
I don't think I've ever used the side steal in performance, perhaps with the odd exception of Jennings' Immediate Side Steal (which Jennings does beautifully by the way)... for the most part I've just preferred other methods of control. PM'd you Vinny ;-)
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Vinny just showed me his steal, it's very nice. Most of the work is done when the card is inserted, so it's very silent.

However, while comparing it to the side steal, I noticed mine was silent. I never had an epiphany as to how to do this, so I'm thinking with practice you can get the pressure just right (Very light until the left thumb clamps down) and know the point that the card clears the deck.

My top change still talks. Dang!
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
scorch
View Profile
Inner circle
1480 Posts

Profile of scorch
If you use a light touch, the side steal transfer (for card control) should not talk. The side steal palm, however, is something that I've never been able to get quiet. Like the top change, I think it's inherent to a certain degree, and I just cover it up by timing it with the sibillant parts of my patter (the S's and the T's in my speech).

Some guys *claim* to have a perfectly silent side steal palm, but a lot of guys *claim* a lot of things. I suppose it's possible.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Josh I sent you the godfathers topchange.. it can be done while the spectator is burning your hands,,, this is the most important factor .
Scorch my steal is silent.....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Sorry Scorch,

I have a perfectly silent side steal palm. I actualy allways side steal into a full palm even if I'm going to the top of the deck. I know it's overkill, but I like the stillnes of my left hand.

Before I hit submit I tried 5 times in a row...perfectly silent. And in performance I talk a lot (see avatar)
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Quote:
On 2006-02-11 11:13, scorch wrote:
Some guys *claim* to have a perfectly silent side steal palm ... I suppose it's possible.

It is -- a light touch, and keeping the card flat until it has completely cleared the deck will do it.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I use it everyday when doing the Doc card under drink routine.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
The Godfather's Squeeze palm is my preferred method ever since he showed it to me last year...silent and deadly. His top change is very deceptive also. Smile
:bikes: Smile Smile
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
I use the lateral palm variety of side steals quite extensively. They tend to work better for table hopping though due to angles, but looks really clean from the front. After your spectator peek, you can perform some break throw-offs then go immediately into the side steal.
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The side steal is silent or you are doing somethng absolutly wrong.

Loosen up on the deck in general. Don't hold it like your gonna lose it!

Hold it like an egg. Light hands light fingers.

Most "talking" problems people have is from a death grip on the darn cards.

Lighten up on the grip and you will be supprised how much less "noisy" things become.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
camador
View Profile
Regular user
Salamanca
170 Posts

Profile of camador
One of the best controls after peek is the one-card pass that you can find in Giobbi´s College series.

Regards
Sleightly_Done
View Profile
New user
Danville, KY
77 Posts

Profile of Sleightly_Done
Vinny sent me some information on his steal as well.

The first evening I played with the technique it seemed cumbersome. But then I remembered Jaun Tamariz's perpendicular card control, and I started handling the card in much the same manner. The next day it became much easier and fluid, almost instantainious and very natural feeling.

Great control technique... I think it will become a favorite of mine!

Thanks Vinny!

Mike
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Yeah KRZ4kardz,

The godfather squeeze palm is one of my favorite as well, it is fast and quiet and you can load the card right on top or produce it right away.

peace.
Mano.
Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
Godfather Vinny, would you please kindly send me the video also? Thanks!
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jimmy send me you e mail address and I will send demo of the squeeze palm and the explaination
thegodfather
Come check out my magic.

Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
Thank you Godfather Smile
Watched the demo and I agree with everyone else here, it's fast and quiet, not hard to do too. Anyone whose interested definitely should check this out.
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Side Steal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL