The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yes, another Copperfield post!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Oliver - Twist
View Profile
Regular user
France
170 Posts

Profile of Oliver - Twist
I may be mistaken, but I think Ouellet called the hangman illusion "Verdict" and Brett calls it "The Gallows."

Hi everybody,

To clarify magis6 statement concerning the name of the illusion "Verdict" : This illusion was invented by Alain Choquette and Bertrand Petit. Later, Alain Choquette agreed to sell the concept to David Copperfield, who still uses this illusion in his actual show. It's name is "Thirteen".
May all your days be magical

Oliver Twist
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Hmm, what mis-information you find on the internet! I had read what I posted earlier on a website about Ouellet's magical career.

Sorry! :o)
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
rowelle
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of rowelle
Hi Bryan! Sorry to resurrect an old post from 6 years ago but I was just rewatching some of Copperfield's illusions on YouTube and it finally hit me and I was able to finally figure out how he did "Test Conditions" and "One." Not sure if we can post secrets on here, I skimmed through the rules for this forum and didn't find anything. But yeah, if you still wanted to know the method, let me know.

So proud of myself for figuring out Test Conditions and One. Smile
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Quote:
On 2012-12-16 23:52, rowelle wrote:
Hi Bryan! Sorry to resurrect an old post from 6 years ago but I was just rewatching some of Copperfield's illusions on YouTube and it finally hit me and I was able to finally figure out how he did "Test Conditions" and "One." Not sure if we can post secrets on here, I skimmed through the rules for this forum and didn't find anything. But yeah, if you still wanted to know the method, let me know.

So proud of myself for figuring out Test Conditions and One. Smile

You may want to reread the rules.... Smile No secrets/exposures
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Rowelle,

There's no way you could figure either illusion (One / Test Conditions) out by watching them on tv or youtube.

Regards,

D
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Have to disagree with you David.

If you had a ton of experience with big illusions, how they are built , how they function, their principles... You might figure it out. But one thing is for sure, you probably would not be braging about it on the Café!

:goof:
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
There is a live version of "one" online, if he saw that one he could have figured it out
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
226 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
@Loual4: I stand by my post. You can't figure out any of the workings of either illusion by watching their tv versions. So let's agree to disagree.

@w_s_anderson: Correct!

Regards,

D
Magician of the century
View Profile
New user
Washington
57 Posts

Profile of Magician of the century
HI bryan, Garry Ouellet's Test Conditions / Millenium Cabinet was built by DAVID MENDOZA of MagiCraft Design Inc.
Show FX.

There is no way to figure it out by watching the video clever editing has the secret protected.
As dsilverfield said above The concept/ secret was for sale on his website for USD 250 back in the day
"I would look around to find out if someone purchased the idea of the Millenium Cabinet before the rights were sold to David"

I have a massive collection of illusion books and I have a few ideas on how this could be achieved.
mantooth
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of mantooth
David Goldrake is right... because for those who can't read between the lines...

DC used different "methods" for both of those tricks on the TV special...
Different methods were used for the live show.

I saw "Test Conditions" done live and it used a... shall we say... VERY DARK art.
It was near the beginning of David doing it live... and believe it or not, didn't get
a HUGE reaction... Perhaps that's why it had a short tour life.

Also saw ONE done live, and it was ok... still didn't compare to Elevator or Motor cycle appearances...but
that's just my opinion... was good... but not as good.

And Wes is right... just watch the one vid, and you'll know how it's done...
then watch the tv special version... lol looks AMAZING!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Off subject, but the above made me think of this. In vaudeville Amac had an illusion, called Find the Lady (look for it in Greater Magic). Magicians have raved about it... but in real life it was dud. My father was on the same show, touring, and said the lay audiences didn't care for it at all.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Yes, another Copperfield post!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL